"Electric Dreams" book by David Buckley - release date?

News, releases, polls and general chat about The Human League and related topics

Re: "Electric Dreams" book by David Buckley - release date?

Postby negative1 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:14 pm

DevinSpice wrote:I think it is a book, in which David Buckley wrote an essay - I don't think he wrote the entire book.

that actually sounds more likely.

later
negative1

Postby MunichBucko » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi everyone, this is David Buckley. As far as I know, the booklet is all my work but I haven't seen a copy yet. Yes, it's based on my book and yes, it had to be approved by the manager and band.

I know some of you are frustrated by the non-appearance of the book. I have done over 100 interviews so far and I have most of it written. However, it's been delayed for numerous reasons - both professional and personal. As soon as I have a firm publication date I will let you all know.

Best wishes,

David
MunichBucko

Postby cs15 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:30 pm

Thanks for the update. As Human League fans we're used to waiting for items to materialise. :)
cs15

Postby DevinSpice » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Thanks for the update and clarification, David! I'm looking forward to reading the booklet, and the book.
DevinSpice

Postby negative1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:32 am

MunichBucko wrote:Hi everyone, this is David Buckley. As far as I know, the booklet is all my work but I haven't seen a copy yet. Yes, it's based on my book and yes, it had to be approved by the manager and band.

I know some of you are frustrated by the non-appearance of the book. I have done over 100 interviews so far and I have most of it written. However, it's been delayed for numerous reasons - both professional and personal. As soon as I have a firm publication date I will let you all know.

Best wishes,

David

Thanks for clearing that up David.

Appreciate your input, looking forward to the booklet, and your future works.

later
negative1

Postby Knowlesy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:46 am

MunichBucko wrote:Hi everyone, this is David Buckley. As far as I know, the booklet is all my work but I haven't seen a copy yet. Yes, it's based on my book and yes, it had to be approved by the manager and band.

Best wishes,

David

Delighted to hear that good news David. I'm really looking forward to reading it. May I suggest you contact Stig Olsen if you haven't decided on a cover design yet - http://www.humanleague.dk I'm very confident he would produce something very special. With respect, the Warholesque cover photo displayed on the amazon website is terrible. Even the same photo in it's original black and white form would be a huge improvement.
Knowlesy

Postby MunichBucko » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:33 am

I agree about the cover. It's awful and I didn't approve it! I should get back in touch with Stig! I am busy updating my book on David Bowie but as soon as I have finished that I will get the League book finished.
MunichBucko

Postby Knowlesy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:23 am

MunichBucko wrote:I agree about the cover. It's awful and I didn't approve it! I should get back in touch with Stig! I am busy updating my book on David Bowie but as soon as I have finished that I will get the League book finished.

Thanks for the prompt reply and the good news that the cover will be different and that Stig is the book designer :) The sooner you get back in touch with him the better =D Can we expect the League book next year? More info would be very much appreciated.
Knowlesy

Postby Electric Dream » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Thanks for the update David. People can stop speculating now and just (im)patiently wait on more news of the release date :)
Electric Dream

Postby robgrillo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:46 am

I really hope the book is a huge success for you David. It seems ages ago since the last Human League book by Peter Nash. Oh, hold on, it IS ages ago...
robgrillo

Postby SubHuman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:12 pm

It's good to know that there is the possibility this book might come out.
SubHuman

Postby Mr.Darkness » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:16 pm

Best wishes,

David

Many thanks David. The news of the booklet featuring your essay is encouraging. Does this mean the band have now become more supportive of your as-yet-unfinished book?
Mr.Darkness

Postby negative1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:20 pm

The essay in the new booklet is a good start at an overview of information about the Human League, but i do expect a book to have a lot more details and information about the earlier years, and also more current information about the current era also.

later
negative1

Postby SubHuman » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:31 am

I won't get too excited about this, Amazon are still saying currently unavailable, so there's no release date. =(
SubHuman

Postby Danny C » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:34 pm

I'm not worried about that, I'm sure it will be released eventually.

What does worry me is, now that the author has attained semi-official band biographer status, that the book will provide a sanitised version of history.
Founder of the Human League Internet Community (1997)
Danny C

Postby SubHuman » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:43 pm

I should think that if the book is sanitized that certain persons would have something to say about that!
SubHuman

Previous

Return to General discussion