Human League Playlists

News, releases, polls and general chat about The Human League and related topics

Re: Human League Playlists

Postby Stig Olsen » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:18 am

cs15 wrote:Stig why exactly are you so determined to spank Kevin so much? Do you have secret desires that you wish to share with the group? Therapy is in session.
aah, the good old way of turning the attention away from your lack of ability to express yourself in your native tongue - but yeah, I might need therapy :p

Kevin Caywood wrote:I would take/listen to Jam, Swang, John Cleese, Rock Me Again x6, and I Need Your Loving...
Over Tranquility, Stay With Me Tonight, Tom Baker, Total Panic and The Dignity of Labour Parts 1-4.
Interesting, but I of course disagree ... not that I think 'The Dignity of Labour EP' is any good - best thing about that release is the sleeve-design.
□□□ http://www.humanleague.dk □□□
Stig Olsen

Postby Kevin Caywood » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:02 am

Those are my least listened to of League related material.

Tranquility- Sounds nothing like the rest of Secrets. Don't like the way Philip sings or delivers his lines.

Stay With Me Tonight - The verses have a nice melody. However the girls robotic chorus doesn't fit for me. It's not the way they sing it. It just seems like a weak written chorus.

Tom Baker - Reminds me more of sound effects than a song. They did a better job with Toyota City and Dancevision.

The Dignity of Labour Pts. 1-4 -Similar to what I said with Tom Baker. It's more like sound effects than songs.

Total Panic and I forgot to add Thirteen - Possibly Jo Callis written songs? I know Total Panic is I'm Coming Back in it's early stages, which I love I'm Coming Back. Both of these are very guitar driven. Making them to me sounding like rock songs. I just prefer the League to sound more dance oriented and synth pop.
Kevin Caywood

Postby sarah t » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:24 pm

Kevin Caywood wrote:Tom Baker - Reminds me more of sound effects than a song. They did a better job with Toyota City and Dancevision.

I think it was meant as a 'tribute' emulating the feel of the fourth doctor era of which the band are clearly great fans. Tom turned 81 years young yesterday and is still playing the Doctor in a continuing series of full cast audio dramas for Big Finish, the fourth series of which began this month with 'The Exillions' alongside Louise Jameson.
;)
sarah t

Postby cs15 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Stig Olsen wrote:.. not that I think 'The Dignity of Labour EP' is any good - best thing about that release is the sleeve-design.

Surely you jest?

Kevin, each to their own but I love all of the songs you mentioned with the exception perhaps of 'Total Panic' which to my ears is total pants.
But remember, I'm the one that likes Never Again, Men Are Dreamers & You'll Be Sorry and there's not many of me around.
cs15

Postby Kevin Caywood » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:57 pm

sarah t wrote:
Kevin Caywood wrote:Tom Baker - Reminds me more of sound effects than a song. They did a better job with Toyota City and Dancevision.

I think it was meant as a 'tribute' emulating the feel of the fourth doctor era of which the band are clearly great fans. Tom turned 81 years young yesterday and is still playing the Doctor in a continuing series of full cast audio dramas for Big Finish, the fourth series of which began this month with 'The Exillions' alongside Louise Jameson.
;)

I completely understand. I know this was early in their career. I can appreciate their effort. This is no reflection on the show or the actors. I'm a fan of the genre and am fascinated and intrigued by the series. I don't dislike it. If playing Travelogue on whole, I will let it play. However when listening to individual songs on occasion. I rarely pull up Tom Baker.

Same with Thirteen and Total Panic if listening to Hysteria or Original Remixes & Rarities, I'll let them play. But won't individually.

When I listen to Reproduction. I always stop at Zero As A Limit. I'll be surprised if I heard TDOL p1-4 more than 3 times in my life.

The copy of Secrets I have I'll stop at the end of You'll Be Sorry. I normally won't go to the end with Tranquility and the AIEW remixes.

I don't currently own the single version of Stay With Me Tonight. I do have the Space Kittens remix and listen to it on several occasions.

The original reference was comparing these to Swang, I Need Your Loving, Rock Me Again and Again, John Cleese, and Jam. I like those songs and would listen more so.

:cool:
Kevin Caywood

Postby Kevin Caywood » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:59 pm

cs15 wrote:
Stig Olsen wrote:.. not that I think 'The Dignity of Labour EP' is any good - best thing about that release is the sleeve-design.

Surely you jest?

Kevin, each to their own but I love all of the songs you mentioned with the exception perhaps of 'Total Panic' which to my ears is total pants.
But remember, I'm the one that likes Never Again, Men Are Dreamers & You'll Be Sorry and there's not many of me around.

I'm not saying those are bad songs, Patrick. Everyone has different tastes and just giving my opinion. I like Never Again, Men Are Dreamers and You'll Be Sorry.

:cool:
Kevin Caywood

Postby Stig Olsen » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:30 pm

cs15 wrote:Surely you jest?
Nope....never liked it as such...

cs15 wrote:Kevin, each to their own but I love all of the songs you mentioned with the exception perhaps of 'Total Panic' which to my ears is total pants.
As Kevin says...taste; hard to discuss, but just for the record, I like 'Never Again', 'You'll Be Sorry' AND 'Total Panic' - the bassline is awesome!
□□□ http://www.humanleague.dk □□□
Stig Olsen

Postby negative1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:46 am

loveaction wrote:
SubHuman wrote:Interesting selection Kevin. Where did you get the Egomaniac (Fotonovella) remix I've searched the internet without success trying to find that particular track?

Its available on the Greek Remixes CD that Undo Records planned to release. Its not a bad version.

i finally found a copy of the greek remixes, and they are very good.
have posted mp3 links if anyones interested.

also, if anyone has the 'you'll be sorry'' mixes in WAV format, willing to trade WAV version files
of this for them.

later
negative1

Postby negative1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:13 pm

people interested in 'you'll be sorry' mixes, and 'stay with me tonight',
check out the latest posts on this blog here:

https://methodsofdance.wordpress.com/

later
negative1

Postby DJ Ian Aitch » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:46 am