Is That The 12" Remix

News, releases, polls and general chat about The Human League and related topics

Is That The 12" Remix

Postby robgrillo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:52 am

The expanded and remixed version of the book (which features lots of THL and Heaven 17) has been out a few weeks now & is doing really well. Amazon have it for only £7.49 at the moment, but I gather it's going back up in price by the end of the week. There are quite a few of the members of this forum who contributed to the book: the likes of cs15, love action, stig (who else :) ) stefan last, panzermensch, mikeypbluremix, jj, member d.
link here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-12-Remix- ... 530339480/
robgrillo

Re: Is That The 12" Remix

Postby cs15 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Ordered my copy a week ago. Waiting for it to arrive.
cs15

Postby Electric Dream » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:35 pm

I've put one in my basket (though waiting for the bf to get home coz I think he's recently got that Prime thing, so I won't need to pay postage) ;)
Electric Dream

Postby robgrillo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:34 am

Many thanks both of you :)
robgrillo

Postby negative1 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:09 pm

rob,

i am currently reading, and loving the book.

it's weird because i'm reading the chapters about websites (like this one), and the forums!

the book is like taking several chapters from my life, because i relate to almost everything you
went through in collecting and hunting down music.

although i lived in the US, our experiences over here were similar at times. although getting the UK
imports were harder to come by.

i wish i could write a US counterpart to your book, along with my friend brent, who is also a super collector.

it's a blast reading about the different tracks, and mixes you come across. i love almost every band you mentioned
(human league, heaven 17, kraftwerk, etc)...

in fact one of my friends did the don't you want me(halifax mix) that you mentioned in your listing !
i love the fact that after all this time we can have access to multitracks, and surround sound versions
of many of our favorite tracks to remix (i do several of my own also).

by the way the movie, 'hunting venus', can be found on youtube, (split into several parts). i am about to watch
it also, since i never heard of it before.

i love all the personal stories, about your background and your memories, as it gives insight into your background.

i also listened to mainly the lame kasey casem american top 40, and made my own charts (Which i still kept).
i never had access to import to magazines like you did, and in fact, now you can find scanned copies
of all the 'smash hits' online, and i'm in the process of downloading and going through all of those.

thanks for this amazing book, i wish i had bought the original now, and might just go back and get that also
just to have it... ha ha..

later
negative1

Postby robgrillo » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Cheers for that , there are a lot of 'like-minded' souls out there :)
robgrillo

Postby Electric Dream » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:02 pm

Forgot to say that I've received the book. It's in a reading queue though! I'll let you know when I get round to it :)
Electric Dream

Postby negative1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:13 pm

just watched 'hunting venus'....

awesome, love the 80's music references, especially with phil and the girls making a cameo,
and singing don't you want me at the end....

highly recommend this (it's on youtube)...... to all 80's music fans.

later
negative1

Return to General discussion