Page 1 of 2

November 2017

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:19 pm
by crowbaby
Happy November everyone!
Getting closer and closer to the Mighty League hitting our southern shores...can't wait! =D

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:15 am
by DevinSpice
Very happy for you!!! I hope they place some nice, long sets!

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:19 am
by SubHuman
Blast crowbaby you beat me to it, mutter mutter mutter.

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:51 am
by crowbaby
SubHuman wrote:Blast crowbaby you beat me to it, mutter mutter mutter.

:p

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:48 pm
by sarah t
No, No No [Night People] November... hope everyone has a great month!

Feeling depressed that this year I am [at present] unable to share my desktop calendars, revised for 2018. At the moment of typing out of the core 32 designs, 24 have been updated now with two more due for completion at some point either today or tomorrow. New typeface, altered title banner and some fresh thinking on current designs and a few new ones being created... one of which for a song that I have never done before. Freshest in my mind is the dramatic shift in appearance of 'All I Ever Wanted' to better reflect the promo although the red background and screen captures remain. =D

Well I still hope I can share these with you guys at some point! :/

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:36 pm
by sarah t
sarah t wrote:No, No No [Night People] November... hope everyone has a great month!

Feeling depressed that this year I am [at present] unable to share my desktop calendars, revised for 2018. At the moment of typing out of the core 32 designs, 24 have been updated now with two more due for completion at some point either today or tomorrow. New typeface, altered title banner and some fresh thinking on current designs and a few new ones being created... one of which for a song that I have never done before. Freshest in my mind is the dramatic shift in appearance of 'All I Ever Wanted' to better reflect the promo although the red background and screen captures remain. =D

Well I still hope I can share these with you guys at some point! :/


just googled to see what is out there and thought I'd try testing these guys out! https://sarahtarrant.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-gHGCB6V/A

This image is the impressive haul I got 'free of charge' as part of our local ALDI reopening after an extensive four week refit this morning, most puzzling is the 'butternut squash' item extreme left... never seen anything like it and am currently scratching my head as to exactly what to do with it.

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:31 pm
by DevinSpice
Sarah, I love butternut squash and cook it all the time! The two easiest things to do with it: One you can just chop it up (cut off the outer rind, which is easier once you've chopped it up a bit) and then you can just cook it or mash it like potatoes with some butter and garlic. Or, you can cut it in half the long way, remove the seeds, bake it in the oven and then stuff it with rice, lentils, meat, cheese, veggies or any combination thereof. Delicious!

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:56 pm
by JJ
Butternut squash makes a nice soup.

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:13 am
by Kevin Caywood
:lol: :lol:
Human League recipes... I've been asked about making Gumbo and Jambalaya...

:lol: :lol:

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:55 am
by sarah t
For me the excitement is building regarding my completing my collection of 2018 'Human League' themed desktop calendars. Of the core 32 designs now 28 have been updated for the coming year. Lots what I think are 'fresh thinking' including a brand new design of a 'song' that I have never tackled before. Just four still to do but hopefully it won't be too long now before they are all finished and I can search out a new 'free of charge' image sharing website. :)

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:06 am
by SubHuman
sarah t wrote:For me the excitement is building regarding my completing my collection of 2018 'Human League' themed desktop calendars. Of the core 32 designs now 28 have been updated for the coming year. Lots what I think are 'fresh thinking' including a brand new design of a 'song' that I have never tackled before. Just four still to do but hopefully it won't be too long now before they are all finished and I can search out a new 'free of charge' image sharing website. :)


Hope you get these up soon Sarah, really liked your other calendars.

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:13 pm
by crowbaby

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:24 pm
by SubHuman
More self-depreciation from Philip, I used to think perhaps this was an affectation but it seems to be sincere. Somehow I can't quite see him as a taxi driver. I suppose that if the band had broken up after Hysteria, when people started to leave the band, they might now be doing mundane jobs but thank goodness the three of them carried on.

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:29 am
by Stig Olsen
2018 tour announced today, tickets go on sale Wednesday 22nd November.

For more info: http://thehumanleague.co.uk/

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:41 am
by redblue100
Nice. But expensive looking at Birmingham ... £85 ?!?!?

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm
by cs15
Great that they are doing another tour. =D

But no Irish dates, again. :/

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:19 pm
by Stig Olsen
cs15 wrote:But no Irish dates, again. :/
Could be football related..... ;-)

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:45 pm
by Knowlesy
Stig Olsen wrote:2018 tour announced today, tickets go on sale Wednesday 22nd November.

For more info: http://thehumanleague.co.uk/


Thanks for the info Stig :) Love the classic logo and that shade of red - crimson springs to mind - is stunning. I like the theme of the tour. Hopefully it means a re-vamped set list with some pleasant surprises. That means yes to Cruel Young Lover and a big NO to INYL =D

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:34 pm
by StevieD
redblue100 wrote:Nice. But expensive looking at Birmingham ... £85 ?!?!?

Where did you find the prices?

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:10 pm
by StevieD

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:36 pm
by cs15
Why complain about the prices?

Depeche Mode were charging up to €300 so even at £84 max it’s still a hell of a lot cheaper. Why post the highest price and not the cheapest for comparison?
Duran Duran were also charging ‘up to’ €350 for most expensive ticket but you could still buy a decent ticket for €65

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:39 pm
by cs15
[/quote]Could be football related..... ;-)[/quote]

Yiz won fair and square. We were rubbish. :O

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:25 am
by SubHuman
I seè they're not going to the Colston Hall this time,unless more dates get added, that'll please JJ. I'll have to make the trek down to Bournemouth, so be it. The BIC is a great venue with seats and a good dance area plus good acoustics. The only downside is the long wait to get out of the car park, I'll probably wait in the venue until the big decant has occurred.

Tickets go on sale from the BIC on the 22nd of this month; prices range from £42.25 to £81.50. Doesn't sound too bad to see my favourite band.

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:40 am
by JJ
SubHuman wrote:I seè they're not going to the Colston Hall this time,unless more dates get added, that'll please JJ


I couldn't give a rat's arse, Dave.

Re: November 2017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:22 pm
by cs15
Just thinking......

Every studio released album has had a one word title.
All of the recent tours (bar Dare!) have not had one word names. Odd then that the new tour has a one word title.
Could a new album be coming out called ‘RED’ or is Red simply a throw back to the Red/Blue of the earlier singles as they are using the old Dare! font again? :/

Two & Two makes Five? Probably.