UNCONFIRMED GIGS - PLEASE READ

Tours and other live dates - post your pre-gig discussions and post-gig reviews

UNCONFIRMED GIGS - PLEASE READ

Postby JJ » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:53 pm

You should be aware that gigs posted on here by anyone other than DBeevers or Evil Tharg may not yet be confirmed, or the details may change. That doesn't mean they won't be confirmed at some point, and I think I'm right in saying that there are very few dates announced that end up coming to nothing. But this is just a heads up to anyone - as usual, it is a case of caveat emptor.

This doesn't mean you can't post threads about dates you've sourced online or from wherever, as first and foremost this is just a fans' discussion forum, and I think if it's online, then it's fair enough to discuss it here, whether it's confirmed or not.

Just as a reminder, the reason for spelling this out, and as posted by DB in another thread:

dbeevers wrote:1. Some of the dates put out in various media have not been confirmed 100% to me by the only person I trust and who's only word counts and that is our manager Simon Watson.

2. I'm a caring soul (some may disagree) and in these turbulent financial times the last thing I want is people forking out for tickets for gigs they think we might be on only to find we weren't (check the ticket small print, usually it states that refunds won't be given if the programme changes)

There was no intended personal dig. This is a free forum, I just didn't want item 2 to happen for anyone.

db
Last edited by JJ on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Return to Live