30.11.2016 Bristol, UK - Colston Hall

Tours and other live dates - post your pre-gig discussions and post-gig reviews

30.11.2016 Bristol, UK - Colston Hall

Postby crowbaby » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:38 am

Please use this thread for everything to do with this gig.
crowbaby

Re: 30.11.2016 Bristol, UK - Colston Hall

Postby SubHuman » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:54 am

Got two tickets for this, so I'm definitely going, just hope Sandra is fit enough to go as well. I just hope the security isn't as heavy handed as they have been in the past. :rolleyes:

You wouldn't believe the haste I had getting tickets out of the venue's website. Talk about round and round the mulberry bush, and it timed out twice. Once because of all the options they ask you to consider and the second because having set up login into a personal account with all of my details it keep telling me the password was wrong, even though I had written it down. Still I got there in the end. =D

I wonder what the set list will be? ;)
SubHuman

Postby SubHuman » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:08 pm

I see that Viagogo is now selling tickets from £90.91 even thought the venue still has a few at the original asking prices! What a bunch of rip of merchants.
SubHuman

Postby StevieD » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:29 pm

They had some for royal festival Hall a few weeks ago but I didn't want to give them any airtime. There are people trying to make a quid or two and downright thiefs
StevieD

Postby SubHuman » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:31 am

I had a few sweaty days wondering if I was going to be able to get to this gig but things are all sorted now. After the profs description of the gig at Bournemouth I'm really looking forward to seeing the League at the Colston Hall.
SubHuman

Postby SubHuman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:26 am

Wow, absolutely awesome performance by the band, just got home I'll post some detail when I've had a good night's sleep. =D
SubHuman

Postby SubHuman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:46 am

To knackered to do a proper review so:

1. Ekkoes were excellent, probably the best support band I've heard.

2. Crowd were more enthusiastic than usual, with some dancing from the start of the set and gradually more joined in so by the middle of the main set everyone was on their feet, dancing, singing along and clapping to the sound of the music. Even the lesser know songs i.e. Sky and STAG got a good reception with none of the stone faced looks of the past.

3. Setlist: Main - BB, SOTC, Sky, HLAW, OYH, TMW, FUWH, LA, SWMT, Human, TL, Louise, STAG, OMIMH, DYWM; Encore - TTTDAMO and TIED. This is from memory so the order is almost certainly wrong except at the beginning and end of the main set.

4. I think that all of the songs had new arrangement which were excellent and, as in other places, the crowd were singing the chorus of DYWM before our heroes took to the stage.

5. My only gripe is that there's doesn't seem to be any chance of a DVD of one of these awesome performances being produced.

Wish I was able to go to more of the shows on this tour but it's not possible.
SubHuman

Return to Live