depeche mode world tour 2013

Discuss events that might interest other members

Re: depeche mode world tour 2013

Postby Pauline » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:44 pm

The only other time i've seen them was on the *Exciter* tour, when i was a bit disappointed, mainly coz i didn't like that album. Then i got a bit bored with them due to playlist overkill in London clubnights.

I mainly went this time round coz my bloke and his daughter have always wanted to see them, and we got offered half price tix by Ticketmaster. Our seats were so high up, and steep, my companions couldn't cope, so i asked if we could move, and we got moved to the front row of the first tier, right in the middle!!! It couldn't have gone any better, great view, great setlist, great atmosphere :D
Pauline

Postby Sandrine 7557 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:06 pm

"so i asked if we could move, and we got moved to the front row of the first tier, right in the middle!!!"

She shoots, She Scores!!
The Earth Smiles In Flowers - e.e. cummings
Sandrine 7557

Postby Pauline » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:35 pm

Jurassic park|!!
Pauline

Postby basildon bond » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Off to see DM for the 3rd time this year at the cavernous (and some might say soulless) O2 - but at least it is easy to get to , and DM have shown on numerous occasions that they are more than capable of injecting a real atmosphere in there. Been looking forward to this for ages ! DM were described as one of the best bands in Britain in The Times last week - so it must be true.

Hope they shake up the set list again - I'd like to heat But Not Tonight and Shake The Disease, if my luck is in.
basildon bond

Postby Panzermensch » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:50 am

Just got back from the 2 gigs in Berlin and I had a great time (as you always do in Berlin!). Thought the atmosphere was better for the second gig, as both band and crowd were more up for it. It was hugely disappointing with the almost identical setlists for the 2 nights but as the shows were recorded for a live dvd I understand they prioritize the potential 50.000 (I’m guessing) or more buyers of the live dvd over the maybe 500-1000 in the crowd that may have been there both nights. It still made my second night that Soul My Soul was back and the uber surprise of them coming back for a 6th encore with Goodbye. I was lucky to attend the after party on the first night. No Fletcher or Gahan, but the rest of the band was there as well as Anton Corbijn, Daniel Miller and Ben Hillier. Gore was in company with his girlfriend and I have to say the man has done VERY well. Smoking hot! I worked up the courage to say hello to him and he was about to leave. I shook his hand and said thank you for all the great music and hope it continued. But I then did the one thing I had promised myself I wouldn’t do, I gave him a matey slap on the back! As soon as I did it I was thinking aaaarrggh why the fcuk did I do that!?. That’s the definition of a back slapping suck up fan wannabe! I’m such a retarded monkeyboy! Oh well, at least I’ve now met him and can die a happy man. And he’s probably met many retarded monkey boys that has back slapped him!
Panzermensch

Postby cs15 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:57 pm

=D We've all done something similarly stupid in our time I'm sure. I remember saying something to Oakey the first time I met him (not repeating it as it's so cringey) and as the words came out I remember thinking to myself 'what the f**k am I saying this for?' In my defence I was only 16. You on the other hand..... :lol:
cs15

Previous

Return to Gigs and clubs