Alison Moyet Live

Discuss events that might interest other members

Alison Moyet Live

Postby Panzermensch » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:07 am

Went to her Minutes tour in Copenhagen the other night. Got the ticket as a present as I wasn't really bothered to go, so expectations were at a minimum. Enjoyed her electronic set, even if it's way too slow for my liking. Her 2 pals on keyboards did a great job re-inventing her old songs into electronic versions (Love Resurrection almost sounded like a lost Yazoo song), but there was just too many slow songs to really get the crowd going. It was a seated event so I guess that was to be expected, but the crowd only got off their asses when Situation and Don't Go were played. Best bit was that she played her collaboration with My Robot Friend, a great up tempo electro song, just wish more of the set had been that way. But she's a great performer, fantastic voice and gives good banter between the songs.
Panzermensch

Re: Alison Moyet Live

Postby cs15 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:29 pm

Yeah I agree Panzer. Almost identical to the Dublin show as in people only moved for the last 3 songs. We got no 'Waiting' though which is a shame. I really liked the gig but she does seem to attract a very 'mature' audience and does a lot of seated gigs. Have you heard the Solvent mix of 'Waiting'? It's more Yazoo than Yazoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFc5z2o2rpg
cs15

Re: Alison Moyet Live

Postby Panzermensch » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:11 am

Cheers cs15, haven't heard that mix. Very Vince!
Panzermensch

Return to Gigs and clubs