Simple Minds Live

Discuss events that might interest other members

Simple Minds Live

Postby Panzermensch » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:26 am

Went to their gig last night here in Arhus (with Stig) and I have to say they still got it! This was my 5th S.M. concert and only the 5x5 tour was better as this was a little uneven. They started off well in the first half of the show, some new songs, some of the old hits and the new female back up singer added something else to the sound. But they had this odd mid segment when the old back up singer entered the stage and sang no less than 3 songs solo, which seemed out of place and slowed the show down. But they picked up again towards the end and Jim Kerr was in great form. The band sounded amazing, personal highlights was an awesome version of I Travel and Midnight Walking was absolutely brilliant live. Jim Kerr must be one of the nicest front men around, humble and funny, a rare combo!
Panzermensch

Re: Simple Minds Live

Postby loveaction » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Looking forward to seeing them next month in Edinburgh, shame about 3 solo songs from a backing singer, hopefully they will drop that when they play Scotland.
loveaction

Re: Simple Minds Live

Postby Panzermensch » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:02 pm

loveaction wrote:Looking forward to seeing them next month in Edinburgh, shame about 3 solo songs from a backing singer, hopefully they will drop that when they play Scotland.

It was still Simple Minds song, just not with Jim Kerr ;)
Panzermensch

Return to Gigs and clubs