Boy George

Discuss events that might interest other members

Postby Indigo Blue » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:46 pm

SubHuman wrote:Horses for courses really, I don't think it matters how individuals store music, the important thing is to listen to the bands you love.

Absolutely =)
A Traves De Los Ojos De Un Nino
Indigo Blue

Postby Pauline » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:12 pm

...more firey than the sun...
Pauline

Re: Boy George

Postby decophile » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:44 am

decophile

Postby cs15 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:18 pm

Yes! 'These Gods Will Fall' is finally getting a release. =D Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjPZHTOi ... e=youtu.be
cs15

Postby Glinda » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:01 am

I found a new picture of cs15's very best mate!
Is that our friend cs15 trying to hug him and get close to him?
I like Jon for the same reason I like Madonna. If everyone tells me someone is bad and I should hate them, that's the person I like the most! I'm perverse like that! He looks abnormally youthful for his age with those tight jeans, like Madonna too! I like people who don't follow the conventional rules of how people their age should dress.

As far as George's new song, These Gods Will Fall. It's nice enough, but it's kind of like every other house track. I do miss the George from the 80's who had his own unique style musically and his more interesting unique lyrics. The lyrics are kind of bland. Also, this song has been around the Internet for ages. George really needs to stop leaking his stuff out, because it makes his music seem old hat and people are bored with him before the song comes out. I can't see it having too much impact.
Glinda

Postby Indigo Blue » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:56 am

Nice picture of Jon Moss, he looks really good.
It's Roy Hay I can't stand personally.

'All Gods Will Fall' is a tired track, and George's voice sounds worse than ever on it...he's trying to sound all edgy, when in fact he sounds croaky and like he smoke 600 ciggarettes a day.

I've gone right off Boy George, he has got a nasty mean attitude of recent years, and apart from his nasty tattoos, dyed face fluff and and gravel voice its all very unattractive.
Indigo Blue

Postby Glinda » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Indigo Blue wrote:Nice picture of Jon Moss, he looks really good.
It's Roy Hay I can't stand personally.

'All Gods Will Fall' is a tired track, and George's voice sounds worse than ever on it...he's trying to sound all edgy, when in fact he sounds croaky and like he smoke 600 ciggarettes a day.

I've gone right off Boy George, he has got a nasty mean attitude of recent years, and apart from his nasty tattoos, dyed face fluff and and gravel voice its all very unattractive.

I have no strong opinion of Roy Hay one way or the other. I don't think I have ever seen him interviewed extensively to know what he is like as a person to either like or dislike him. I like Jon because I've seen some interviews and he comes off as witty and intelligent and a cool person. I do think Roy is a good guitar player though. Surprisingly, though I think Roy is the one member of CC that George seems to get along with the best for whatever reason. George is friends with Roy's ex-wife Allison.
I agree with what you said about George, although to give him credit he has tried to lose some of the nasty attitude and has come across nicer in interviews recently. But I don't care for his current look or this track.
The other song, Coming Home that was written with Mikey from CC is much better. I think George should try to promote that with maybe some interviews or tv performances instead of releasing another single.
Glinda

Postby cs15 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:07 pm

We've had two brilliant new singles from George in the last few months and now he's treating us to a 3rd in the form of 'King Of Everything' and it's another stunner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnDOLSZy ... qmgOWhSleg

These Gods Will Fall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjPZHTOiSu4

Coming Home: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fda06aWNO7s

If the rest of 'This Is What I Do' is as good as these 3 singles then it could be his best album in a long time. *excited*
cs15

Postby SubHuman » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Not bad c15, I'm not a huge fan of BG but Sandra likes most of his CC tracks. I'll have to think about this album.
SubHuman

Postby Indigo Blue » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:35 am

'King Of Everything' is a horrible song, his voice sounds terrible...I really think he puts on that gravel, growling vocal now because there are times his old voice comes through on other songs.

The new album cover is dire, He thinks he's being edgy with that ridiculous dyed beard...it looks ridiculous.
I really can't get over his bad attitude, arrogance and dismissive behaviour towards the people that have supported him throughout his career.

None of his recent 'singles' are that at all...just a series of downloads, probably to test the water to guess a pressing number for his new album.

'Coming Home' is a great track though.
Indigo Blue

Postby cs15 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:50 am

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm loving all his new stuff. 'King Of Everything' is a brilliant single. Hate the beard but love the album cover.

cs15

Postby Glinda » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:34 pm

Indigo Blue wrote:'King Of Everything' is a horrible song, his voice sounds terrible...I really think he puts on that gravel, growling vocal now because there are times his old voice comes through on other songs.

The new album cover is dire, He thinks he's being edgy with that ridiculous dyed beard...it looks ridiculous.
I really can't get over his bad attitude, arrogance and dismissive behaviour towards the people that have supported him throughout his career.

None of his recent 'singles' are that at all...just a series of downloads, probably to test the water to guess a pressing number for his new album.

'Coming Home' is a great track though.

I agree with everything you said. I do think he puts in on also because when you hear him interviewed his speaking voice does not sound that gravelly. I also saw a video of him singing Victims recently at a concert and it sounded good and not like the vocals on KOE. KOE is dated, but not in any kind of cool retro 80's way, but in some kind of MOR way like Elton John or Robbie Williams. I agree Coming Home is a great track. It was done with Mikey Craig of Culture Club and the producer Youth, whereas KOE is done with his current solo band with John Themis. I find his solo band really boring and dated and un-modern in the things that come up with. I don't see what he sees in John Themis at all. If you look at the 80's artists that have had success, they are smart enough to bring in contemporary outside producers who can take their sound and update it a little bit with a slight contemporary modern sheen. For example. Alison Moyet with Guy Sigsworth, Duran Duran with Mark Ronson, the Pet Shop Boys with Stuart Price. As long as he just works with his solo band, we are going to get boring crap like KOE.
Glinda

Postby Indigo Blue » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Marilyn, begging again...this time he wants £10.000!! Disgusting little scrounger.

"I'm Peter, and many of you also know me as Marilyn. Right now, I can't even afford to buy the medicine I need...I've sold all my jewellery, and everything else I have...been to countless job interviews, and still nothin..."

He is on a whinge fest that Boy George isn't helping him? :lol:
One of the biggest liars to exist.

ANYONE care to 'donate' their hard earned money to this cretin?

http://www.gofundme.com/4u8jdg
Indigo Blue

Postby cs15 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:43 am

Got my copy of 'This Is What I Do' on Saturday and it's a great piece of work.

Standout tracks: 'My God', 'Any Road', 'Bigger Than War'', 'Play Me' & 'It's Easy'

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there"

Welcome back George :)
cs15

Postby Indigo Blue » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:18 pm

cs15 wrote:Got my copy of 'This Is What I Do' on Saturday and it's a great piece of work.

Standout tracks: 'My God', 'Any Road', 'Bigger Than War'', 'Play Me' & 'It's Easy'

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there"

Welcome back George :)

A seriously stunning LP, i'm honestly surprised, and so happy to be...every song is a gem.
I thought I was going to hate his gravelly vocal, but it works to great effect on these songs, very emotive and warm...beautifully vocalised, produced and written...a truly great LP. :)

I have jaded my ears somewhat to George with all his dance music, club mixes and electronica of 'Yum Yum' and The Twin... and I was always miffed he didn't release 'One Man Bandit' as a true follow up to the ever brilliant 'Cheapness and Beauty' and the non release of several albums, but he has made me listen once again to his more mellow side, Im loving the reggae tinged songs.

If only he would do this every year or so...THIS is certainly what he DOES! :cool:

Welcome back? absolutely. :)
Indigo Blue

Postby cs15 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:39 pm

From what I can gather it would seem the CC album and tour will happen in early(ish) 2014.

I'm just delighted to have these new tunes to devour. :)
cs15

Postby Indigo Blue » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:49 pm

cs15 wrote:From what I can gather it would seem the CC album and tour will happen in early(ish) 2014.

I'm just delighted to have these new tunes to devour. :)

Definitely something to look forward to. :)
Indigo Blue

Postby cs15 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:56 pm

#33 in the UK album chart this week. His highest placing in a very, very long time. =D
cs15

Postby Indigo Blue » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:48 pm

cs15 wrote:#33 in the UK album chart this week. His highest placing in a very, very long time. =D

Brilliant! :cool:
I'm really pleased about that :)
Indigo Blue

Postby cs15 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:34 pm

George was on 'Later....with Jools Holland' last night and sung 'King Of Everything'. If you missed it, he'll be on the extended version on Friday night singing 'K.O.E.' 'Everything I Own' & 'Love & Danger'
cs15

Postby Indigo Blue » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:07 pm

cs15 wrote:George was on 'Later....with Jools Holland' last night and sung 'King Of Everything'. If you missed it, he'll be on the extended version on Friday night singing 'K.O.E.' 'Everything I Own' & 'Love & Danger'

Oh no!!!
I NEVER miss Jools...AND Boy George was on. =(
How was the performance?

I'll go and program that in now, thankyou :)
Indigo Blue

Postby cs15 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:44 pm

You're welcome.

You can watch it on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yzcuiY_OOg
cs15

Postby SubHuman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:28 pm

George has certainly changed, I quite like his new style and the voice suits the kind of songs that he's singing now.
SubHuman

Postby cs15 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:42 pm

cs15

Postby SubHuman » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:34 am

Wow, seriously good music, and just a few years ago people thought George was all washed up!
SubHuman

PreviousNext

Return to Gigs and clubs