Yazoo Live

Discuss events that might interest other members

Postby PDC » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:13 pm

It was only because you went on about the security before I got there JJ that I didn't take my recording equipment. When I got there I found it was no more than usual!
PDC

Postby cs15 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:15 pm

New Moyet track with My Robot Friend - 'Waiting'. Electro. Very good. Don't ignore. :lol:

http://www.myrobotfriend.com/
If you were a diamond, I wouldn't want you now.
cs15

Re: Yazoo Live

Postby JJ » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:27 pm

I was looking for something else, and came across this thread. Nearly 6 years since the last post on it, and I've just re-read the whole thing.

For those of you that were part of it, take 10 minutes to look back through from page 1 and remind yourself how funny it was. The build-up and excitement back then was really something else. Such a brilliant time for me, and a genuine dream come true. I can remember exactly how I felt when the first note of Nobody's Diary started in Glasgow. Lump in throat, jaw on floor. Listening to bits of the live CD actually brings a tear to my eye...
Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Postby Panzermensch » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:10 am

Damn straight JJ! That really was the reunion dreams are made of! Still gives me the chills when I think of getting the instrumental bit of Too Pieces blasted into my ears at Hammersmith. Having just watched Moyets electronic tour, the main thing I got out of that was remembering how amazing the Yazooo tour was.
Panzermensch

Postby StevieD » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:53 am

My memory of the Yazoo reunion tour was the stench of piss coming from the gents bog at the back of the Hammersmith Odeon. Unfortunately we had seats at the back of the stalls. Fortunately they have refurbished the venue completely since then.
Oh and the music was great. It was one of the few gigs I have managed to persuade the missus to come to a gig with me LOL !
StevieD

Postby SubHuman » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks JJ I'd forgotten this thread, it's a pity if they don't do another tour, surely Erasure do have quiet years?
SubHuman

Previous

Return to Gigs and clubs