Duran Duran

Discuss all other music not related to The Human League here

Postby sarah t » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:43 am

I noticed in the library copy of this weeks Music Week that...

'Red Carpet Massacre' album to be released on 12th November
'Falling Down' single preceding this on 5th November
sarah t

Postby waza » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:47 pm

i am not impressed by the new album tracks i have heard. dd lost it years ago in my book.
http://www.myspace.com/aronguestmusic

Singer/Songwriter Electro/Pop
waza

Postby Pauline » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:38 pm

...more firey than the sun...
Pauline

Postby decophile » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:28 am

Okay, so I just found out Duran Duran will be playing a whole bunch of dates in NYC, right when I'll be in town to see Max Raabe & the Palast Orchester. Problem is, I'm quite sure my husband would refuse to see D2 again. Plus, tickets will be expensive and it will be another night in a NY hotel, probably. Sigh. Decisions!!
Last edited by decophile on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
decophile

Postby cs15 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:11 pm

I wouldn't bother if I were you Deco. They plan to play the entire new album at the gig zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz which means very little of the classic Duran will be played.
If you were a diamond, I wouldn't want you now.
cs15

Postby Pauline » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:51 pm

:o its still a Duran gig !!!

Ive heard 3 of the new songs and actually LOVE 2 of them !! wheeeee :D (dont ask me the names please, heheheh *blush*)
Pauline

Postby cs15 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:00 pm

Pah! Call yourself a Duran fan? Do you love your parents too? Whats her name and yer man??? :)

If it's anything like Astronaut I certainly would not pay out big bucks to see them. 12 new songs and maybe 5 -6 of the classic Duran? No thanks.
If you were a diamond, I wouldn't want you now.
cs15

Postby waza » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:23 pm

here here

waza

Postby octopus » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:33 pm

I'm in NY in November so when i heard about the shows i hoped it was when i'm there but typically it not when i'm there!

I like Nite runner but the single is pretty drab and very much JT lite.
octopus

Postby Pauline » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:56 pm

Taken from: www.remembertheeighties.com

Is there anything you've always wanted to ask DURAN DURAN? Well now's your chance because I hope to get some time with the band to hear about their forthcoming album 'Red Carpet Massacre' and I would like YOU to ask the questions! If you'd like to submit a question (or several questions!) to be considered then just email them to me. Thanks in advance!
Pauline

Postby decophile » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:52 pm

I could die. Duran Duran peeps have been to DC a bunch of times this year. But did they call me even once?!?! nooooooo. pouting.
decophile

Postby decophile » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:36 pm

new D2 video = utterly lame and annoying. Way too much useless 'scenes.' Not enough of the D2 boys.

http://music.yahoo.com/premieres/?pvc=0
decophile

Postby Knowlesy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Duran Duran will be playing their nu single, 'Falling Down', on Friday night with Jonathan Ross next week, the 26th of October. Hopefully they will be interviewed as well. They are also due to feature in next month's Q magazine as well.

A documentary called 'Extraordinary World' is going to be shown on the Biography channel next week, check out their website (media section) for details. A concert recorded in Wembley, don't know the year, was also due to be broadcast this week on VH1. If anyone is able to make a dvd recording of these shows then I would like to hear from you as I don't have either of these channels :)
Knowlesy

Postby waza » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:06 pm

have to admit, falling down is slowly growing on me.

waza

Postby sarah t » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:18 pm

Got my first chance to hear 'Falling Down' today.

Hardly what I'd call a 'classic' but relatively inoffensive sounding. I can see your point waza it will no doubt also grow on me as well, it has a certain charm to it if you ignore a rather bizarre slightly tacky promo.

I wonder do Duran Duran have a distinct identity anymore (like that which typified their early 80s chart success glory days) or do they nowerdays just mirror the current music scene to keep them going???
sarah t

Postby sarah t » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:49 am

For fans for the group may I suggest you check out, either buying or as I did looking at the library copy, the 27.10.07 issue of Music Week magazine.

This publication has an excellent eleven page feature, beginning on page 12, honouring the band, whom, apparently will be celebrating thirty years since their initial founding in Birmingham of students John Taylor and Nick Rhodes. Christopher Barrett offers up an interesting "Extraordinary World" article (pages 13 - 18) and a more contemporary two page feature entitled "Roll Out The Red Carpet" focusing on the forthcoming "Red Carpet Massacre" (including artwork for the album and a recent 'four shot' of the current Duran Duran lineup. We've also got 'Keeping the fanbase switched on', a appreciative nod towards Katy Krassner for her managing duranduran.com, 'Careless Memories' (a timeline article documenting key yearly events for the group) and 'Duran's jurney from Rio to space' which documents the eleven studio albums previously released. Factor in 'top 10 territory' listings for Duran's single and album successes, congratulatory adverts from various organisations and some pleasing group photos, pages 14 and 16 are pretty good to complete a pretty good package to honour the group.

on another subject I really don't have any time for this GMTV breakfast TV (IMO)rubbish but I was passing the HSBC office block this morning and glancing into the ground floor restaurant I noticed that they had this ITV program playing on their large high mounted screen. I'm not absolutely sure about this but did I spot Simon LeBon and John Taylor guesting earlier today??? Maybe it will crop up over at YouTube???
sarah t

Postby Pauline » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:23 am

Simon and John were being interviewed on the show this morning, but my DVD Recorder aint working so i had to miss out :(
Pauline

Postby sarah t » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:55 am

Pauline wrote:Simon and John were being interviewed on the show this morning, but my DVD Recorder aint working so i had to miss out :(

Noticed this morning that it's found its way onto YouTube and here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4hsyOXwfSE
sarah t

Postby Pauline » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:46 pm

Oooh thanks :D I will watch that when i get home !!

I flamin missed them on Jonathan Ross last week !!!!!!! *wails* :(
Pauline

Postby sarah t » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:50 pm

Pauline wrote:Oooh thanks :D I will watch that when i get home !!

I flamin missed them on Jonathan Ross last week !!!!!!! *wails* :(

Fear not Pauline... I had a look for you and here's the link that I think will cheer you up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cusLD5XcwXo

Best wishes Sarah!
sarah t

Postby Pauline » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:16 pm

hehehhehe !! I never (well, rarely) use YouTube. Ii wouldnt even THINK to look for stuff like this !! Cheers again :D
Pauline

Postby sarah t » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:15 am

Do you want the album or the album plus DVD (http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3497130/Red-Carpet-Massacre/Product.html)??? I guess it just depends on how much of a fan you really are! :/
sarah t

Postby Pauline » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:41 pm

Apparantly all the staff who work on Broadway shows are on strike, and shows have had to be cancelled. But Duran Duran moved their shows to an altenative area, had a toned down production and went ahead with their shows rather than cancelling. :D

Ahhhhh, i always KNEW that DD were the best band in the world ;-)
Pauline

Postby kraftwerkdave » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:35 pm

Not now they've done terrible versions of Showroom Dummies and Warm Leatherette in their current live show. They're on YouTube if you have a look. Personally, I think they should be shot for doing them ;)
Arseing about on the internet since 1995...
kraftwerkdave

Postby octopus » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:47 pm

well i'm pleased no one seems to have bought the single as its at 52 and it is trash.Niterunner would have been a better choice.
octopus

PreviousNext

Return to Music