Visage

Discuss all other music not related to The Human League here

Visage

Postby basildon bond » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:33 am

Moving up one step from the general music bit - there seems to be a fair amount of activity in the Visage / Steve Strange camp (perhaps an apt choice of wording !) - he has released in the last few months a couple of singles (Frequency 7) and Shameless Fashion - both available on itunes. F7 is rather good, Shameless Fashion not so, but still worth a spin (a bit too much horrible geetar for my ears).

But with a new album in the offing - maybe the possibility of Mr Strange treading the boards again ?

Watch this space.
basildon bond

Postby basildon bond » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:35 am

And from Wikipedia:

Also on 8 January 2013, Visage launched their new website, Twitter, Facebook and Soundcloud accounts and announced their new line-up to consist of Steve Strange and Steve Barnacle along with Robin Simon[6] (former guitarist in Ultravox from 1978-79 and Magazine in 1980) and Lauren Duvall on vocals. The band's new portrait shot was taken by photographer David Levine. The new logo and graphics have been designed by the Nick Foot Studio. A single from the album, "Shameless Fashion", was available to download for free from the band's Facebook page. A full version was released as a digital download in April 2013 followed by a physical CD-single release on 6 May 2013. The band's new album, Hearts and Knives, is to be released on 20 May 2013.
basildon bond

Postby basildon bond » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:45 am

Visage website - leads with a nice tribute to a certain Mr Martin Rushent.

http://www.visage.cc/news.php
basildon bond

Postby JJ » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:19 am

Always found them a bit hit and miss. Really loved Night Train - infact it was one of the first 12"s I ever bought. But my favourite track by them is I'm Still Searching, from the b-side of that 12".

There were a few duff tracks too, but I also really like enough others to give the new stuff a listen.
Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Postby Indigo Blue » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:13 am

'Shameless Fashion' wasn't what I expected at all. I grew to like it a lot more after several plays...but I was expecting the sound from 'The Anvil' days and this is more 'Beat Boy' mixed with 'Tar' good lyrics though, and the production is there.

I like the new imagery, and still looking forward greatly to the new 'Hearts & Knives' album...which will have a CD and Vinyl release.. Woo! =)

It seems Steve Strange is already moving on to do his Solo album, fragrance, make up line...
And he's also left Detroit Starrzz which were looking and sounding great.
A Traves De Los Ojos De Un Nino
Indigo Blue

Postby Pauline » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:31 pm

I love Visage but he's unreliable and bonkers!
...more firey than the sun...
Pauline

Postby SubHuman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:45 am

I knew he was bonkers but I didn't know about the unreliability. Is this like Van Morrison, doesn't always show up at gigs?
SubHuman

Postby basildon bond » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:50 am

He was a 'larf at the Here And Now concert series eons ago, although as he only had 2 or 3 songs he couldn't get up to too much mischief.
basildon bond

Postby Pauline » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:24 pm

I'd def go see him (them?) if Visage played again, even though he's a bit "adam ant" hehehe
Pauline

Postby sarah t » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:12 pm

I wish Cherry Red Records would re-release the first album as I'm sure there is potential for bonus tracks. Surely there must be an extended version of 'Visage' and maybe another extended version of 'Mind of A Toy' kicking round somewhere.
:/
Last edited by sarah t on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sarah t

Postby Jet Packs 2 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:12 pm

yep i wish too...tho them tracks were released on some cd singles as well as the the damned dont cry among other cd albums...
Jet Packs 2

Postby Indigo Blue » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:47 pm

It would be nice for all the Visage albums to have deluxe digipack editions, done like the Depeche Mode albums.....theres a lot of potential with the Visage releases.
They could consist of the original album with the B sides and remixes, a DVD of related videos etc and a photographic booklet.

They've made a mess of the CD issues really by including songs that don't belong to a particular album/era and pressed cheaply too.
The Original 'Visage' and 'The Anvil' CDs are great, as is the 'Fade To Grey Singles' and Cherry Red made a great attempt with 'Beat Boy' but it could have been done a lot better.

It would be nice to finally get the 'Strange Cruise' LP on CD officially as well.
Indigo Blue

Postby Indigo Blue » Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 am

For your BUYING pleasure....

Signed copies of the new VisAge CD album 'Hearts & Knives'
and single CD of 'Shameless Fashion'

also

Promo editions of the single 'ShamelessFashion' and also a new version of 'Frequency 7'...

AND of course a shop would not be a shop without a canvas or print of said album cover.....

AND lets be honest.... A new VisAge LP is a rare thing..and probably the last time...

NOW, be an 80s baby and go shopping like a man/Woman with a credit card.....

http://www.visage.cc/shop.php
Indigo Blue

Postby Indigo Blue » Sun May 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Loving the new 'Hearts and Knives' album, I was very surprised....I thought it may all be a bit 'Beat Boy' sounding.

There are some great songs on it, they've done a great job, they've definitely echoed old 1980 Visage with a new sound, very distinctive...it's just a pity they didn't do a few instrumentals.
Listen out for throws towards 'Fade To Grey' 'Mind Of A Toy' and 'Beat Boy'...theres even a little of Strange Cruise in there.

Theres a vinyl edition to follow shortly...credit card at the ready.
Indigo Blue

Postby Jet Packs 2 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:26 am

Loving this album each time I listen to it!!! Dreamer I Know...On We Go...I Am Watching are mi fave upto now.

I got the promo of Frequency 7 too nice to hear the Original Vocal version...not so keen on the remix version..thought they could have done a better version of that!

Mi upload if u wanna see...

http://youtu.be/cdRqQ7gk-W8
Jet Packs 2

Postby basildon bond » Tue May 28, 2013 8:18 pm

Playing in London next week !
basildon bond

Postby Indigo Blue » Tue May 28, 2013 9:24 pm

The live Visage set is:

01.Never Enough
02.Damned Don't Cry
03.Shameless
04.The Anvil
05.Pleasure Boys
06.Hidden Sign
07.Mind Of A Toy
08.The Dancer
09.Fade To Grey
10.Visage
11.In The Dark
12..Diaries Of A Mad Man

I was really hoping for more 'Anvil' songs like 'The Horseman' 'Look What They've Done' 'Again We Love' and 'Night Train'...and theres nothing from 'Beat Boy'...
Indigo Blue

Postby Pauline » Wed May 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Wish i could go!! Can't get time off work :(
Pauline

Postby Indigo Blue » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 am

It's now sold out which is great, they may add more dates.

'Hearts and Knives' is now ready to pre-order on vinyl....three different editions, clear, white and black =)
Indigo Blue

Postby Prof Luni » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:47 am

Can't believe I missed that they were doing a gig! :mad:
Prof Luni

Postby loveaction » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Indigo Blue wrote:It's now sold out which is great, they may add more dates.

'Hearts and Knives' is now ready to pre-order on vinyl....three different editions, clear, white and black =)

available to pre order from where exactly?
loveaction

Postby Indigo Blue » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:35 pm

Did I not put up the link? Oops. =)

http://pylonrecords.com/
Indigo Blue

Postby Indigo Blue » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Prof Luni wrote:Can't believe I missed that they were doing a gig! :mad:

Visage have announced two more shows:

Cardiff on 21st July.
and
Birmingham on 23rd July.

You can book tickets here:

http://www.glee.co.uk/performers/visage.htm

Indigo Blue

Re: Visage

Postby Indigo Blue » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:00 pm

I'm amazed to see that Steve Strange has gone all out on the release of this album, old school LP editions in heavy duty vinyl...
Colours available? Black, Red, White and Clear.... plus CD editions, signed and unsigned. :cool:

I got the set :)
Indigo Blue

Re: Visage

Postby sarah t » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:22 pm

Delighted to receive, in the post today, my copy of 'Hearts and Knives'. A great price bought from an Amazon seller but wisely went for the Import version which offers up a bonus track, 'Shameless Fashion (Extended Version) that weighs in at just over seven minutes which swells the total disc playing time to approx 48 mins. Fairly standard fourteen page booklet, lyrics for all songs and a couple of fairly monochrome images, Steve in the centre double page and the four members of the band on the back cover. Nice touch to dedicate the album to Martin Rushent. Looking forward to listening to it tomorrow in a typical 'chill out' Sunday.
:)
sarah t

Next

Return to Music