Visage

Discuss all other music not related to The Human League here

Re: Visage

Postby SubHuman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:35 am

Really enjoyed my first listen to Hearts and Knives, Steve's voice is holding up well and the overall production is very good.
SubHuman
Member
 
Posts: 3461
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: Visage

Postby SubHuman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:44 am

Well Hearts and Knives has been on constant rotation in the car and although I knew I liked it from the off it has really grown on me. There isn't a dud track on it and I find I prefer it to Credo! The only slight criticism I could make is that it doesn't take any musical risks, although some might find the lyrics on Diary of a Madman a bit off putting.

And there is some more touring link below:-

http://www.visage.cc/
SubHuman
Member
 
Posts: 3461
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: Visage

Postby Indigo Blue » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:49 am

Single number three about to be released from 'Hearts and Knives' :cool:

'Hidden Sign' is due shortly...it has all the trademarks synths and vocals that one would expect from Visage, It's a good track but I would have chosen 'Never Enough' or 'On We Go'...but who knows, maybe another single will come.
Let's look forward to the mixes, as 'Shameless Fashion' and 'Dreamer IKnow' both had :cool:

Now, this is what I mean, Steve Strange/Visage have released all the new music on CD singles, CD promos, and the album on CD and 5 vinyl editions...NOT forgotten what it's about!
User avatar
Indigo Blue
Member
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Visage

Postby You Remind Me Of Gold » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:01 pm

5 vinyl editions, what are they then, I know there was a red/white/clear option and a signed one, but what else?
You Remind Me Of Gold
Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Visage

Postby Indigo Blue » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:38 pm

'Hearts & Knives' came as Red, Clear, White, Black vinyl edition, and of course the signed one from Steve Strange.

:cool:
User avatar
Indigo Blue
Member
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Visage

Postby SubHuman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:10 am

Do all the different vinyl editions have different bonus tracks or is the music all the same?
SubHuman
Member
 
Posts: 3461
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: Visage

Postby Prof Luni » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:14 pm

I have booked to see them on 20th September. (I think the album is quite good, though nowhere near 'Credo').
Prof Luni
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:07 am

Re: Visage

Postby Indigo Blue » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:44 pm

SubHuman wrote:Do all the different vinyl editions have different bonus tracks or is the music all the same?



All the same tracklisting. :/

I like that idea though, of putting a different tracklisting, or exclusive song on each edition...that would have been better. :cool:
User avatar
Indigo Blue
Member
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Visage

Postby sarah t » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:13 pm

For me definitely the best album of 2013, and I find improves on repeated listen/play. I certainly think that the intro to 'She's Electric' is pure Visage and would certainly be my choice if another single release was being considered. It really feels like a 'breath of fresh air', refreshingly appealing and distinctive, can't believe that there has been almost thirty years between this and the last album 'Beat Boy'.
:)
User avatar
sarah t
Member
 
Posts: 2869
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: Southampton

Re: Visage

Postby Indigo Blue » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:42 pm

sarah t wrote:For me definitely the best album of 2013, and I find improves on repeated listen/play. I certainly think that the intro to 'She's Electric' is pure Visage and would certainly be my choice if another single release was being considered. It really feels like a 'breath of fresh air', refreshingly appealing and distinctive, can't believe that there has been almost thirty years between this and the last album 'Beat Boy'.
:)



It is an amazing LP, well worth the long wait and delays, it is a perfect merging of old style Visage and new, I think sticking with old style synths has been a great success.
I adore 'Hearts and Knives ' it's fast becoming my favourite Visage album, and thats saying a lot as i've loved 'The Anvil' for so long.

The third single to be released is 'Hidden Sign ' it's due out shortly...so there are lots of mixes to look forward to :cool: I do hope they release 'She's Electric ' as a single, it's brilliant...very atmospheric, and already a fan choice...I also think 'Never Enough ' and 'On We Go ' would make brilliant singles...'Lost In Static ' too.

So many great songs, Steve Strange has worked hard and its payed off, he can stand proud of this one.

I'm very happy to have had new albums from The Human League, Ultravox, Alison Moyet and Visage
now if we can just get one from Yazoo :)
User avatar
Indigo Blue
Member
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Visage

Postby SubHuman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:23 pm

sarah t wrote:For me definitely the best album of 2013, and I find improves on repeated listen/play. I certainly think that the intro to 'She's Electric' is pure Visage and would certainly be my choice if another single release was being considered. It really feels like a 'breath of fresh air', refreshingly appealing and distinctive, can't believe that there has been almost thirty years between this and the last album 'Beat Boy'.
:)


It's a good album and certainly one of the best that I've heard this year. I think the almost thirty year gap is down to the Steve Strange chaotic life style.
SubHuman
Member
 
Posts: 3461
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: Visage

Postby Prof Luni » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:30 pm

Well... the gig on Friday. I *REALLY* enjoyed it! I was rather pleasantly surprised tbh. The Strange One came on in all white inc white hat and white wig! Wowsah. The songs were good, the hits were excellent. The band were solid (albeit a little muso at points). But the highlight for me - altho' I have seen SS perform a number of times before in clubs etc. - was realising that he is actually a *very funny man*. He rambled on between songs and often you were starting to think 'uh-uh is this some brain-addled-by-drugs nonsense about to come out' - but actually it was often witty, observant, funny. I actually 'LOLed' quite a few times. So he would start talking about getting old, not being to do stuff, needing lyric reminders etc, then the spiel would segue perfectly into 'Mind of a Toy'. All rather good, culminating in a super rendition of 'Visage'. And then after the gig ended an impromptu electro/new romantic disco in the venue - perfect!
Prof Luni
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:07 am

Re: Visage

Postby Indigo Blue » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Prof Luni wrote:Well... the gig on Friday. I *REALLY* enjoyed it! I was rather pleasantly surprised tbh. The Strange One came on in all white inc white hat and white wig! Wowsah. The songs were good, the hits were excellent. The band were solid (albeit a little muso at points). But the highlight for me - altho' I have seen SS perform a number of times before in clubs etc. - was realising that he is actually a *very funny man*. He rambled on between songs and often you were starting to think 'uh-uh is this some brain-addled-by-drugs nonsense about to come out' - but actually it was often witty, observant, funny. I actually 'LOLed' quite a few times. So he would start talking about getting old, not being to do stuff, needing lyric reminders etc, then the spiel would segue perfectly into 'Mind of a Toy'. All rather good, culminating in a super rendition of 'Visage'. And then after the gig ended an impromptu electro/new romantic disco in the venue - perfect!


Sounds brilliant! :cool:
User avatar
Indigo Blue
Member
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Visage

Postby Electric Dream » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Dammit, wish I had went!!!
Electric Dream
Member
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 2:42 pm
Location: London

Re: Visage

Postby Indigo Blue » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Image


The next single from the latest Visage LP 'Hearts and Knives ' is 'Never Enough'.

CD Single and digital download available December 9th. With new more dancefloor mixes on Vinyl out in Jan 2014. More details of remixes and a free download coming soon....


:cool:
:cool:
User avatar
Indigo Blue
Member
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Visage

Postby SubHuman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:02 am

"cd single" I nearly fainted with amazement, now why didn't WoS do that with the League's singles from Credo, I for one would have bought all of them and I suspect so would a number of others here.
SubHuman
Member
 
Posts: 3461
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: Visage

Postby Indigo Blue » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:10 pm

The new Visage single available now from Amazon, and currently at #12 in their charts....
Also available at all good record stores :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Never-Enough-Vi ... 2535011_12
User avatar
Indigo Blue
Member
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Visage

Postby cs15 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:35 pm

User avatar
cs15
Member
 
Posts: 3927
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:16 pm

Re: Visage

Postby SubHuman » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:35 am



That's cruel, Steve seems to have recovered from what was ailing him at the time.
SubHuman
Member
 
Posts: 3461
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: Visage

Postby cs15 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:56 am

Didn't realise he was ill. Awful performance and surely he would have been better off cancelling than going on like that?
User avatar
cs15
Member
 
Posts: 3927
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:16 pm

Re: Visage

Postby SubHuman » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:24 am

cs15 wrote:Didn't realise he was ill. Awful performance and surely he would have been better off cancelling than going on like that?


Not sure he was ill, maybe too much drugs, sex and rock and roll: he looks a lot better in this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdRqQ7gk-W8
SubHuman
Member
 
Posts: 3461
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: Visage

Postby Indigo Blue » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:24 am

The Strange Cruise LP that Steve Strange did with EMIis finally being issued by Cherry Red (Hola)

At LONG last this oddity is being remastered and reissued.... Not his finest moment, but some great songs with...i.e..'Rebel Blue Rocker' 'Hit and Run''Beat Goes On'and 'Silver Screen Queen'....
Well worth having.... and it will give my vinyl a rest hahaha


http://www.amazon.de/Strange-Cruise-Rem ... HI2DD2JBGL
User avatar
Indigo Blue
Member
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Visage

Postby Indigo Blue » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:25 am

Image
User avatar
Indigo Blue
Member
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Visage

Postby SubHuman » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:08 am

Indigo Blue wrote:The Strange Cruise LP that Steve Strange did with EMIis finally being issued by Cherry Red (Hola)

At LONG last this oddity is being remastered and reissued.... Not his finest moment, but some great songs with...i.e..'Rebel Blue Rocker' 'Hit and Run''Beat Goes On'and 'Silver Screen Queen'....
Well worth having.... and it will give my vinyl a rest hahaha


http://www.amazon.de/Strange-Cruise-Rem ... HI2DD2JBGL


This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXbzV5zDOLM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og3U5js9cRg
SubHuman
Member
 
Posts: 3461
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: Visage

Postby sarah t » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Indigo Blue wrote:The Strange Cruise LP that Steve Strange did with EMIis finally being issued by Cherry Red (Hola)

At LONG last this oddity is being remastered and reissued.... Not his finest moment, but some great songs with...i.e..'Rebel Blue Rocker' 'Hit and Run''Beat Goes On'and 'Silver Screen Queen'....
Well worth having.... and it will give my vinyl a rest hahaha


http://www.amazon.de/Strange-Cruise-Rem ... HI2DD2JBGL


Just thought I've been talking about this here... http://humanleagueforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2360
;)
User avatar
sarah t
Member
 
Posts: 2869
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: Southampton

PreviousNext

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron