RIP David Bowie

Discuss all other music not related to The Human League here

RIP David Bowie

Postby The World Tonight » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:31 am

Very sad to hear of the death of David Bowie. Both a music & style icon & influence on the League.
The World Tonight

Re: RIP David Bowie

Postby JJ » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:27 am

The word legend gets bandied about so much its meaning gets diluted. But Bowie was a genuine legend. I'm shocked to hear of his death, and very thankful that I got to see him in concert.
Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Postby DJ Ian Aitch » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:47 am

For someone I never knew or met I've been totally devastated by this. I've been in a daze and crying all morning
DJ Ian Aitch

Postby Electric Dream » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:06 pm

Yes, very sad and shocking news to wake up to. I wouldn't call myself a proper fan but I did like his 80s pop stuff. I've got so many friends who live and breathe Bowie who will be devastated today. :(
Electric Dream

Postby StevieD » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:16 pm

My first proper record purchase was sound and vision. Can't say I enjoy all his music, but he was definitely a great influence on lots of people including the league.
StevieD

Postby Kevin Caywood » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Wasn't aware of type or progression of cancer, he had. Shocked when found out - since it's early here in the US. RIP and condolences to all those affected. One of the greats.
Kevin Caywood

Postby loveaction » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Still in shock over this sad news, RIP David and thanks for the wonderful music you have left us with
loveaction

Postby cs15 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:07 pm

What can you say when a legend dies?

Such a wonderful outpouring of love for him. All of it justified. A true artist in every way. His influence on modern music can never be fully appreciated. All of my heroes seem to have adored him and many of them are expressing that on Twitter today and it's wonderful to read what he meant to them.

RIP
cs15

Postby SubHuman » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:06 am

Yes, this was a surprise and he's no great age these days, rather sounds as if the cancer wasn't caught quickly enough. Bowie wasn't my favourite pop artist although I did like quite a lot of his singles. I thought that the Diamond Dogs album was his best.
SubHuman

Postby sarah t » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:21 am

Still feel rather dazed, shocked and deeply saddened by this unexpected news that broke yesterday. At first I thought it was some publicity stunt connected with the new album, especially if you've seen the latest promo video.

The term music legend is something that is banded about quite a lot but for David it is truly justified. He was a defining trendsetter in music and fashion continuously reinventing himself to stay relevant to the current scene.

Any true music fan can confess to having some Bowie in his/her collection, I myself have four albums (namely 'Aladdin Sane', 'Never Let Me Down', 'Black Tie, White Noise' and 'Earthling').

This is going to take me some time to take in and adjust to life without such a talent whom has influenced so many people and recording artists. David you will be greatly missed but your music, fashion and movies (let's not forget them) shall live forever!
=(
sarah t

RIP David Bowie

Postby BorisTig » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:50 am

David Bowie- Space Oddity Original Video 1969
BorisTig

Return to Music