Pet Shop Boys

Discuss all other music not related to The Human League here

Re: Pet Shop Boys

Postby SubHuman » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:43 pm

cs15 wrote:Pet Shop Boys: New Album 'Super'
Lead Single 'The Pop Kids'
Teaser Song: 'Inner Sanctum'
Gigs: 4 Nights @ The Royal Opera House (no other dates in 2016)

http://whatissuper.co/

Does the world really need another PSB album right away! Now that's what I call cashing in on music.
SubHuman

Postby sarah t » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:16 am

SubHuman wrote:
cs15 wrote:Pet Shop Boys: New Album 'Super'
Lead Single 'The Pop Kids'
Teaser Song: 'Inner Sanctum'
Gigs: 4 Nights @ The Royal Opera House (no other dates in 2016)

http://whatissuper.co/

Does the world really need another PSB album right away! Now that's what I call cashing in on music.

Don't knock the Pet Shop Boys, having recently listened to the wonderful "Electric" recently (definitely one worth adding to your music collection) a new album can't come soon enough for me. Long live PSB!!! =D
sarah t

Postby SubHuman » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:31 pm

I'm not knocking them really, I like their music but they have released a new studio album and a tour album recently. If they over do it some fans will get turned off. Like some people who have gone lukewarm on Depeche Mode, and their a great band.
SubHuman

Postby kraftwerkdave » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:32 pm

The last album, Electric, was 3 years ago......
kraftwerkdave

Postby SubHuman » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Oh it's just me then that bought it last year!
SubHuman

Postby sarah t » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:03 pm

SubHuman wrote:Oh it's just me then that bought it last year!

Well no, I'm also a bit slow getting round to it. I picked up my copy from our HMV on New Years Eve 2015 ;)
sarah t

Postby loveaction » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:16 pm

SubHuman wrote:I'm not knocking them really, I like their music but they have released a new studio album and a tour album recently. If they over do it some fans will get turned off. Like some people who have gone lukewarm on Depeche Mode, and their a great band.

At least they are still recording and releasing music of a good quality, unlike some bands who don't seem to do anything these days, sadly.
loveaction

Postby DJ Ian Aitch » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:53 pm

And they are still releasing physical formats of their singles which is something I applaud.
DJ Ian Aitch

Postby sarah t » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:26 am

Now up for pre-order on Amazon... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Pet-Shop-Boys/dp/B01AWLMWR0/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1454667835&sr=1-1&keywords=pet+shop+boys with some interesting song titles, and apparently released on my birthday! =D
sarah t

Postby cs15 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:47 pm

What think ye to PSB's 'The Pop Kids'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JF3Gj8U0YA
cs15

Postby the snake » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:55 am

Had a good listen to Super since it's it release on friday.
Loved: Twenty- Something,Burn, The Dictator Decides& say It To Me Now
They are the stand out tracks for me after a few plays.
Pop kids is ok but not the best track, Im sure i can hear Kraftwerk's Tour
De France smpled at the start.
I can see TDD been used on a Film/ TV Documentary in the future.
The Album might not be as good as Yes but, I wont knock them
for putting new music out. 6/10
the snake

Postby sarah t » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Recently got my hands on a copy of the DVD/CD title 'Pandemonium' and have just been watching the DVD before coming 'online' to post this.

Basically the main feature is the same 'Live at The O2 Arena' as recently featured on SkyArts however on the DVD it is expanded to 98 mins and as well as stereo and 5.1 surround you also have a audio commentary by Pet Shop Boys and Ed Devlin. I dipped into it briefly during 'Kings Cross' and there seem to be large gaps of silence when they are not talking, hopefully this is not the case throughout however my attention was focused on hearing the music for the first time. Sound quality is excellent and the vibrant colours on offer from the stage show behind the boys is truly stunning. I was a bit dazzled by the mirrored jacket Chris was wearing for most of the songs and dazzled by the variety of lights emanating from in front of his synths and drum machine console. The DVD also offers up 31 mins of extras including the 10 min '2009 BRIT Awards performance and a couple of performed live extras the better of which I thought was the cover of the Madness song 'My Girl'. If the truly stunning DVD wasn't enough there is an extremely generous slice of sounds on the CD which runs to almost 74 mins. This is a truly stunning product and if you only buy one DVD of the Pet Shop Boys this is definitely essential to your collection!!! Absolutely fantastic and makes excellent use of my DVD home cinema and TV! =D =D
sarah t

Postby SubHuman » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:49 am

Sandra has a copy of the Pandemonium CD&DVD album. The CD gets played regularly but we've only ever played the DVD once. Because it's packaged with the CD in a normal CD case we tend to forget we have the DVD. That goes for a number of other CD/DVD albums we have. =|
SubHuman

Postby sarah t » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Took me a while but have just picked up a copy of 'Super' from our HMV today. Supposedly as good, if not better than 'Electric'... I'll get to spin the CD, listening to the contents tomorrow.
:)
sarah t

Postby cs15 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:23 pm

For me, 'Super' is even worse than 'Electric'. I picked up a copy for €1.99 in HMV before they closed here for good and even at €1.99 I felt ripped off. Trash. Maybe 2 OK songs on it but generally awful. Think I played it 3 times. Haven't even put it on iTunes yet and probably won't.
cs15

Postby loveaction » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:07 pm

cs15 wrote:For me, 'Super' is even worse than 'Electric'. I picked up a copy for €1.99 in HMV before they closed here for good and even at €1.99 I felt ripped off. Trash. Maybe 2 OK songs on it but generally awful. Think I played it 3 times. Haven't even put it on iTunes yet and probably won't.

Listened to it once I think it was and sold my copy. Not impressed.
loveaction

Postby SubHuman » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Is it really that bad? Rather glad I didn't buy it.
SubHuman

Postby sarah t » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:30 am

SubHuman wrote:Is it really that bad? Rather glad I didn't buy it.

Actually I rather quite like it. 'Pop Kids' is great, also like 'Groovy' and 'Burn'... it kind of loses its way mid way through with a couple of tracks that feel a bit repetitive but overall pleased I got a copy! :)
sarah t

Postby SubHuman » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:19 pm

That doesn't sound so bad I might get it for Sandra.
SubHuman

Postby cs15 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:41 pm

The entire album is on Yourube if you want to listen and make up your mind. I personally found it to be their worst ever album. Lead single 'The Pop Kids' is perhaps their worst lead single ever. Watch them perform this crap single on the Graham Norton show - again available on YouTube. I think they were just trying to be 'down with the kids' too much on this album. Awful stuff.
cs15

Previous

Return to Music