any video gamers here?

Use this area for general discussion of all things non-music related, including TV, film, news, sport etc

any video gamers here?

Postby Mr. Minogue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:46 am

what system(s) do you have and what games are you currently playing?

i've got a PS3 and xbox 360, and i'm currently playing final fantasy 13 for the PS3 (my very first final fantasy game). it's great so far, but i'm still trying to get my head around the complex battle system :P

and my copy of god of war III will arrive tomorrow!
Mr. Minogue

Postby RobC » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:45 pm

PC for `Modern Warfare 2` (just faster with a mouse) , PS3 for Need for Speed Shift and Little Big Planet
RobC

Postby Mr. Minogue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:56 pm

i have little big planet as well. such a great game! i have yet to try to make my own level yet, but it's great to see all the creative stuff that other users have come up with.
Mr. Minogue

Postby Afront » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:37 pm

After years as a PC gamer, I now game almost exclusively on PS3 (I also have an X-Box but haven't switched it on this year). I'm currently trying to play the bleakly brilliant Heavy Rain - a revolutionary game, it could be gaming's Avatar but unfortunately it's buggy as hell. Once a good patch comes out this one's a must-buy.
Last edited by Afront on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Afront

Postby sarah t » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:07 pm

I have a Nintendo DS and, as a Christmas present from my parents, I got 'Professor Layton and Pandora's Box', which I think I solved in about three days. However although knocking the hamster into good physical condition was easy things concocting all the different blends of tea took me quite some time and I still haven't figured out how to assemble the camera. I've found about 125 of the puzzles and have got roughly 170 hint coins.

I mainly prefer a game with narrative style and mentally challenging puzzles to basic shoot 'em ups.

Hope to get the previous title (...and the Curious Village) from my parents for my birthday next month!
:)
sarah t

Postby Pauline » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm afraid i'm a girl and so have a Wii heheheh ! Mario Cart, Wii Sports & Guitar Hero are about as rock n roll as i get ;)
...more firey than the sun...
Pauline

Postby RobC » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:08 pm

I also have a Wii for the kids , we have the Wii fit thing and its not very impressed with my weight gain , I can feel it take an intake of breath and tut when I stand on it .
RobC

Postby Stig Olsen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:14 pm

RobC wrote:I can feel it take an intake of breath and tut when I stand on it .

sounds like my wife ;)

Anyway - I still can't shake the good old PC game Unreal Tournament - still play a few hours a week - other than that I get my ass kicked by my kids when playing Wii games.

As for Wii Fit - it's bloody stupid - the board is for snowboarding, surfing etc.
□□□ http://www.humanleague.dk □□□
Stig Olsen

Postby Pauline » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Wii Fit is ok actually, good fun. I don't have one here though. My folks have one.
...more firey than the sun...
Pauline

Postby Mr. Minogue » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:13 pm

i would like to get a wii. i'll admit when the system first launched, i was a bit disappointed that nintendo was not going to support HD. i do love zelda and mario games though :P

i have a DS as well, but i need to get some new games for it!

god of war III is amazing, by the way. the opening battle was just craaaazy!
Mr. Minogue

Postby crowbaby » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:05 pm

I just bought a Wii fit...it gets demanding and wants to know if I "was busy?????" for the past few days if I don't use it for a while lol
We'll always be together...however far it seems...
crowbaby

Postby Afront » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Mr. Minogue wrote:god of war III is amazing, by the way. the opening battle was just craaaazy!

I played the demo last night and loved it - now that a Heavy Rain patch is out I'll finish that first then buy GOW III.
Afront

Postby RobC » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:20 pm

crowbaby wrote:I just bought a Wii fit...it gets demanding and wants to know if I "was busy?????" for the past few days if I don't use it for a while lol

Its like a nagging wife or should I say a second nagging wife
RobC

Postby StevieD » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:43 am

anyone into 80's music gaming on here ?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/637535/lips-i-love-the-80s-solus-xbox360-1

Includes some little ditty called "Don't you want me" by a band called Human League.

So for all you aspiring pop stars now's your chance. Get it now while it's on offer (or wait several months for the full price to drop)
StevieD

Postby ive known you 4 too long » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:22 pm

after watching the masters all last weekend i found this cracking free golf game ,World Golf Tour im still getting to grips with it at the moment but plenty of hours of prctice is needed , have a look :)

http://www.wgt.com/?utm_source=worldgolftour&utm_medium=flash_main&utm_campaign=october2008
Last edited by ive known you 4 too long on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"we spoke about the time and place of our first meeting ...without a word i knew you knew that i cared about you"
ive known you 4 too long

Postby sarah t » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:18 am

Would dearly love to get my hands on the new 'Professor Layton And The Lost Future' game now available http://www.play.com/Games/DS/4-/15639363/Professor-Layton-And-The-Lost-Future/Product.html#, these really are excellent mentally challenging well designed titles that I enjoy playing even when the overall mystery has been solved!
sarah t

Postby MTBLeague » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:36 pm

Sarah - Just got the OH & Little league that this week, they are fighting over the DS

Last christmas got a Wii, played some games, spent most time with Avatar on it.

Use to test games in the early 90's, won't go into my job then, long and somewhat intresting story, tested many many games on many types of machines from the consoles to the pc's but my favorite machine was the CBM Amiga.

So don't play games much now got rather sick of them during those 4 years.
The path of Least resistance....is easier if things are connected!
MTBLeague

Postby giveitago » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:26 am

YES :D I'm a big fan of kinda silly browser games and browser based games, like Castle Empire, Ponyrama and ZooMumba! Kinda silly games, but well worth the hr a day a play hehe
Last edited by giveitago on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
giveitago

Postby brakeson » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Yup, I am definitely a video gamer. Far too much of one probably! I prefer playing browser games (Farmerama, ZooMumba) as they don't break the budget one bit!
Last edited by brakeson on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brakeson

Re: any video gamers here?

Postby sarah t » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:12 am

I wouldn’t consider myself the greatest computer games player however I love my Nintendo 2DS handheld console which I bought during December 2013, quite a relaxing occasional pastime to while away time sitting on the settee listening to the radio or perhaps a quiet moment in the library or park playing a game. I went for this rather than 3DS both because it was a better price but also I question how playing a three dimension image console has on the players health. Hannah, a young girl volunteer at the bookshop has been getting headaches recently which I suspect may have been brought on by her 3DS playing, she is a big fan and regular user of the ‘New Leaf’ title. Through the ‘Nintendo Shop’ option I’ve downloaded a few software demos but just last week acting on favourable use of one of them I received the official ‘New Style Boutique 3DS’ software title which offers much more features than the free demos I’ve had for some time. I love the character and location designs, many features and challenges beyond merely just deciding what the customer wants, not as easy as you would think! It’s great when you make the one choice only suggestion option (as opposed as three attempts) and successfully succeed with the customer whom does a special effects backed dance, no doubt looks great in 3D! I’ve now got my own shop in the game (called ‘Starfire’ with specially selected exterior, interior (Japanese feel) and mannequin appearance), pleased with my character’s specifically chosen hairstyle (shaggy long red), make-up and outfit. There is a fashion show contest every night which so far I have won four times out of five entries and have selected new clothing retail chains in the exhibition hall which I frequently visit to restock my shop. It certainly is all bright, colourful and very realistic game playing and is certainly excellent value for money. I’ve got no interest in real life working in retail but I find it is great to take an increased interest in fashion without spending everyday money on clothing items I cannot afford or most likely haven’t got storage space for but would certainly suit my personal tastes. In my opinion DS games seem rather pricy so it’s not something I buy too often. It’s usually seems to be one a year with 2013 I nabbed ‘Mahjong Mysteries’ whilst 2012 I bought ‘Jewel Link Legend of Atlantis’ both excellent mentally taxing relaxing software but ‘New Style Boutique’ is a welcome alternative imaginatively unique piece of gaming entertainment.
=D
sarah t

Re: any video gamers here?

Postby sarah t » Thu May 28, 2015 10:22 am

Been recently playing 'Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask', great graphics, intriguing story and some devilishly challenging puzzles. I've also managed to download all the 'daily puzzles' that are on offer and have had a slight amount of success with them.
'...Miracle Mask' is the fifth title in the series, I've got them all and I hear there is a sixth and final title called 'the Azran Legacy' which I will definitely want to nab a copy of but I will wait until the price comes down... don't want to be pay £30 when I paid a third of that for 'Miracle Mask'.
sarah t

Return to General discussion