Computer/Internet related subjects

Use this area for general discussion of all things non-music related, including TV, film, news, sport etc

Re: Computer/Internet related subjects

Postby StevieD » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:09 am

gmail no question.
Hotmail / yahoo etc are all dead. Using isp's own email is too ;-)
StevieD

Postby SubHuman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:06 am

StevieD wrote:gmail no question.
Hotmail / yahoo etc are all dead. Using isp's own email is too ;-)

Thanks I'll check it out, I suppose there's nothing wrong with having more than one email provider.
SubHuman

Postby Stig Olsen » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:28 am

Hotmail turned to Live and are now Outlook in a perfectly working online/webmail version as Gmail - not dead at all.
□□□ http://www.humanleague.dk □□□
Stig Olsen

Postby Electric Dream » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:04 pm

I use hotmail and gmail - I find navigating Gmail a bit tricky sometimes where as hotmail is really straightforward to use.

Windows 10 then - I have 8.1 at the moment and have the option of upgrading for free. Is it worth it? I've seen a few posts from people on FB saying it's not working/crashing their computers etc. Anyone here using it?
Electric Dream

Postby SubHuman » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:16 am

Electric Dream wrote:I use hotmail and gmail - I find navigating Gmail a bit tricky sometimes where as hotmail is really straightforward to use.

Windows 10 then - I have 8.1 at the moment and have the option of upgrading for free. Is it worth it? I've seen a few posts from people on FB saying it's not working/crashing their computers etc. Anyone here using it?

Like you I'm thinking about Windows 10, I'll probably wait until I've read a few reviews before I decide.

e.g. :-http://www.alphr.com/microsoft/microsoft-windows-10/1000288/why-windows-10-is-better-than-windows-81

Remember the FB posts may be by Apple fans!
SubHuman

Postby SubHuman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:18 pm

I've downloaded Windows 10 onto one of my computers. You have to be patience as it takes some time and on the first occasion the download failed, oh and it turns itself on and off several times while configuring the new software. I haven't had time to evaluate it yet, so I don't know whether it will cause problems in use.
SubHuman

Postby Electric Dream » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:44 am

I've seen too many people complaining about it and only a couple saying they've got it working so i'll be avoiding for a while....
Electric Dream

Postby SubHuman » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:28 am

Electric Dream wrote:I've seen too many people complaining about it and only a couple saying they've got it working so i'll be avoiding for a while....

Well it isn't crashing my machine and all of my old shortcuts are on the desktop. That's the good news, but browser history, outlook and lots of other things either aren't there or they're hidden away somewhere that I haven't found yet, oh and all of your login details on websites have been thrown away, so you have to do this all again for: Amazon, bank accounts, the forum and etc etc. I'd suggest that anyone making the switch to W10 buy a good user manual and take a couple of days leave to familiarize themselves. Good luck.
SubHuman

Postby SubHuman » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:05 pm

Anyone got feedback on the IPhone 7? I'm thinking of getting one to replace my IPhone 3S which is a bit tired and slow these days.
SubHuman

Postby SubHuman » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:45 pm

The independent reviews I've read all suggest that the IPhone 6S is much better value for money than the 7 unless you're desperate for the latest from Apple, plus it has a headphone jack. I couldn't believe it when I read that Apple had got rid of the jack, apparently there's an interface cable from the fire port to a jack socket.
SubHuman

Previous

Return to General discussion