Radio - what's your listening pleasure?...

Use this area for general discussion of all things non-music related, including TV, film, news, sport etc

Re: Radio - what's your listening pleasure?...

Postby JJ » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:39 am

SubHuman wrote:Aint No Body by Rusfus and Chaka Khan

That is one hell of a great song! Takes be back to clubbing in the mid-late 80s, and in particular reminds me of a great holiday I had in Greece in 1987.
Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Postby SubHuman » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:59 pm

JJ wrote:
SubHuman wrote:Aint No Body by Rusfus and Chaka Khan

That is one hell of a great song! Takes be back to clubbing in the mid-late 80s, and in particular reminds me of a great holiday I had in Greece in 1987.

Would that be Club 18 to 30 by any chance? We've all heard about the SWS life style. ;)
SubHuman

Postby JJ » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:46 pm

No, I never went on one of those (shudders at the thought...)
Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Postby sarah t » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Not just Tuesday but according to 'Absolute 80s' DAB station it is twosday/2sday with them playing only UK number two singles during these 24 hours.

So I expect 'Mirror Man' and 'Love Action' wll feature but does (Keep feeling) Fascination qualify? I can't remember how well it did in the UK singles chart of the time.
sarah t

Postby SubHuman » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:59 pm

sarah t wrote:Not just Tuesday but according to 'Absolute 80s' DAB station it is twosday/2sday with them playing only UK number two singles during these 24 hours.

So I expect 'Mirror Man' and 'Love Action' wll feature but does (Keep feeling) Fascination qualify? I can't remember how well it did in the UK singles chart of the time.

From memory I think 'Fascination also got to two in the charts, but I may be wrong about that.
SubHuman

Postby Coaster » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:53 pm

sarah t wrote:Finishing off the two hour show (Sunday's 7-9pm) was 'Change Your Mind', that one off single by Bill Sharp and Gary Numan, great use of synths on that song, I've got an extended remix on audio cassette somewhere, shame it hasn't found its way (unless anyone knows different) onto a various artists CD release.
:)

Still have that Sharpe & Numan track on 12" vinyl.......excellent.

I confess that my liking for electronic music reaches fairly wide......I can appreciate tracks on THL Reproduction as well as tracks by Bill Shape & Shakatak (though back in the day Shakatak was a secretive guilty pleasure).
Coaster

Postby SubHuman » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:46 pm

I was correct (Keep Feeling) Fascination did get to number two in the charts on April 1983 and was in the charts for nine weeks.
SubHuman

Postby sarah t » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:17 am

I thought there were supposed to be some brand new DAB radio stations for 2016 but it seems like the same stuff I think when searching around. Bit surprised that Absolute70s is only DAB in London, don't they think the rest of the country would like this station?
sarah t

Postby SubHuman » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:25 pm

sarah t wrote:I thought there were supposed to be some brand new DAB radio stations for 2016 but it seems like the same stuff I think when searching around. Bit surprised that Absolute70s is only DAB in London, don't they think the rest of the country would like this station?

Yeah I've been puzzled by that, I think Abs 70s is available on line while they gradually roll it out on DAB across the rest of the country. BBC6Music is also only available on line.
SubHuman

Postby sarah t » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:42 pm

Amazing to think that we've reached a particular event for 'Forgotten 80s'. Tomorrow night's (26-03-2017) show on Absolute 80s is the 200th edition! More than likely I've managed to catch pretty much all of them... essential Sunday night listening for me! =D
sarah t

Previous

Return to General discussion