The Formula One 2018 thread...

Use this area for general discussion of all things non-music related, including TV, film, news, sport etc

The Formula One 2018 thread...

Postby sarah t » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Yeah I know this is a bit early but the PlanetF1 website has just reported today...

The FIA have officially announced the 2018 calendar after the World Motor Sport Council met for the final time this year in Paris.
The 2018 season gets underway at Albert Park in Australia on March 25 with the season finale once again in Abu Dhabi, this time falling on November 25.
Bahrain and China have swapped positions on the schedule, with the latter race weekend moved back to April 15 and to round three of 21 of the 2018 campaign.
France and Germany are both back on the calendar and the former marks the start of the first-ever triple-header in Formula 1 on June 24, followed by Austria (July 1) and the British Grand Prix (July 8), which will close out the first half of the 2018 season.

The calendar for the next season looks like this...

25 March: Australia
8 April: Bahrain
15 April: China
29 April: Azerbaijan
13 May: Spain
27 May: Monaco
10 June: Canada
24 June: France
1 July: Austria
8 July: Britain
22 July: Germany
29 July: Hungary
26 August: Belgium
2 September: Italy
16 September: Singapore
30 September: Russia
7 October: Japan
21 October: USA*
28 October: Mexico
11 November: Brazil
25 November: Abu Dhabi

My reason for posting this is does anyone know what track they are using for France? I'm also very surprised to see Germany back on the calendar as I thought both circuits previously used were just not attracting the fans in the same way that they were back in the [Michael] Schumacher days. I wonder what has changed there?
:)
sarah t

Re: The Formula One 2018 thread...

Postby JJ » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Don't they use Magny Cours for the French GP?
Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Postby Danny C » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:11 pm

If only there was a free and easily accessible resource where one could find these things out.

oh wait

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIA_ ... ampionship

The French Grand Prix is scheduled to return to the calendar for the first time since 2008. The race is due to return to the Circuit Paul Ricard, which last hosted the French Grand Prix in 1990 before the event moved to the Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours.
Founder of the Human League Internet Community (1997)
Danny C

Postby SubHuman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:19 am

Good find Sarah, let's hope we get a three horse race this year for the constructors championship.

I do believe that a number of different circuits have been used over the years in France. As in most countries where Grand Prix have taken place.
SubHuman

Return to General discussion