The Football thread

Use this area for general discussion of all things non-music related, including TV, film, news, sport etc

Postby luckygazza » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:21 pm

question for jj, is leon cort any good mate? as i see were gonna splash out 1.3 million on him in january
luckygazza

Postby JJ » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:40 pm

Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Postby luckygazza » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:43 pm

mmmmmmm just what i thought mate :(
luckygazza

Postby Stig Olsen » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:00 pm

JJ wrote:it's like he has a Toblerone head - you've no more idea than he has where it'll go.

haha - nice phrase!
□□□ http://www.humanleague.dk □□□
Stig Olsen

Postby ive known you 4 too long » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:10 pm

luckygazza..we called him leon cortinpossesion..lol!!..

jjs right a nice fellow right enough but not tough enough in the tackle..love the toblerone phrase..oh my!! those headers their still looking for that ball he sent in to space....
"we spoke about the time and place of our first meeting ...without a word i knew you knew that i cared about you"
ive known you 4 too long

Postby luckygazza » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:13 pm

mmmmmmm doesnt sound too good not booked in three years

that will change under pulis youll see :D
luckygazza

Postby Stig Olsen » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:03 pm

So...everyone avoiding this subject today? ;)
Stig Olsen

Postby PDC » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Personally I couldn't give a toss. I think that football is one of the most pointless, overrated things out there. To hear wankers such as Beckham say on the radio this morning "Well it doesn't matter how many houses you have, how many nice cars you have on the drive and in the garage, at the end of the day, if you lose a match it hurts, and all those nice things don't change that".

Just shut up and fuck off you moron. The Royal British Legion estimate there are 1000 ex squaddies sleeping rough on the streets of London each night. Proper heroes those people, yet they get jack shit in renumeration, and bugger all support from the public.

I'm really pleased, and amused that no UK teams made it through, because at least we will be spared all the faux patriotism that is usually displayed by the tattooed meat heads spilling out onto the streets.
PDC

Postby Boiled Being » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:00 pm

PDC wrote:"Well it doesn't matter how many houses you have, how many nice cars you have on the drive and in the garage, at the end of the day, if you lose a match it hurts, and all those nice things don't change that".

Painfully obvious where his priorities are eh??
My dad (God rest him) spent 3 years in a POW camp eating his own socks for the likes of that tw*t . . . poxy war pension wouldn't keep Beck-scum in boxer shorts.
I love watching the footy PDC, but fully understand how these overrated primadonnas get your goat.
JAM! . . . . You've gotta get some!
Boiled Being

Postby Afront » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:04 pm

I was out, recorded the game to watch when I got back and managed to avoid hearing the score all night... I passed a pub on the way back home, just as the game was ending. A loud cheer from inside told me all I needed to know - thanks jocks.
Afront

Postby Stig Olsen » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:54 pm

I only saw the highligts of the match - I saw the match against Iceland - now there's a country we can match... :rolleyes:

Thank God we are out too - now I can relax when watching the Euro2008 - woohoo, only 197 days to go! :D
Stig Olsen

Postby JJ » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:51 pm

Here's a little trivia question for you:

Name the only team in the top two divisions of English football that has 2 players playing for it, both of whom have scored more than 100 goals for that team.
JJ

Postby mikeypblueremix » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:17 pm

Boiled Being wrote:
PDC wrote:"Well it doesn't matter how many houses you have, how many nice cars you have on the drive and in the garage, at the end of the day, if you lose a match it hurts, and all those nice things don't change that".

Painfully obvious where his priorities are eh??
My dad (God rest him) spent 3 years in a POW camp eating his own socks for the likes of that tw*t . . . poxy war pension wouldn't keep Beck-scum in boxer shorts.
I love watching the footy PDC, but fully understand how these overrated primadonnas get your goat.

Excellent points - this is precisely why I don't like football...
Mikey P - bringing everything down to his level since November 2006 :P
mikeypblueremix

Postby Stig Olsen » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:57 pm

So the bottom line is; football sucks because of social imbalance and rich football players coming off stupid on the radio/telly?

I would suggest you also stop watching movies with famous and filthy rich actors - and perhaps also skip music altogether - there's quite a few primadonnas there also.
Stig Olsen

Postby mikeypblueremix » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:45 am

Very true, which is why I don't particularly rate actors/musicians who try to make themselves to be megastars either :)

I have nothing against someone being paid handsomely if what they produce in return is worthy of the wage, but too many people just aren't worth what they receive.

:)
mikeypblueremix

Postby Boiled Being » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:50 pm

As you say Mikey, I have no problem if someone has a particular talent, that happens to attract celebrity and lots of dosh, be it sporting or otherwise. It's just the people who don't live in the real world and think riches and possessions are the be all and end all.
Very unlike our very down-to-earth idols in the Mighty League!
JAM! . . . . You've gotta get some!
Boiled Being

Postby mikeypblueremix » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Exactly, but anyway, this is a football thread and things have diverted from football, which I don't like but wanted to chuck my 5 pence worth in!
mikeypblueremix

Postby ive known you 4 too long » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:32 pm

back to the lovely game......and crystal palace!!!!

3 points on saturday and ill be a happy man were at home to west brom on
saturday who beat plymouth last night so it wont be an esy game.
were a bit more stable now with warnock at the helm and ill be cheering them on with my lovely 12 year old daughter laura whos finally saw the light after following millwall for the past 6 years or so!!!
cmon you eagles!!!
"we spoke about the time and place of our first meeting ...without a word i knew you knew that i cared about you"
ive known you 4 too long

Postby Murfy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:16 pm

ive known you 4 too long wrote:back to the lovely game......and crystal palace!!!!

I soooo want to say something here, but as Coventrys record against Palace is iffy to say the least (as JJ will delight in pointing out), I think I'll keep my gob shut ;)

Murf x
Murfy

Postby luckygazza » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:34 pm

thats a tough one jj gonna go with palace one of them?

man u the other?
Last edited by luckygazza on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luckygazza

Postby Danny C » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:50 am

luckygazza wrote:thats a tough one jj gonna go with palace one of them?

man u the other?

He's talking about two players, not two teams ;). Just one team that has two players that have scored more than 100 goals for that team. I think the answer is United, and I think the players are Giggs and Scholes. JJ can you confirm/deny?
Founder of the Human League Internet Community (1997)
Danny C

Postby JJ » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:56 am

Bugger, there are two teams not one.

ManUre is one (Giggs and Scholes - I had the wrong info on them, damn my source!! They were shown as having 99 and 96 goals respectively, but I now think they're just their league goals.)

Which is the other?

Credibility shot and suitably embarrassed now! :mad:
JJ

Postby luckygazza » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:44 pm

SPEAKING TO MY BROTHER ON SUNDAY WATCHING THE STOKE MATCH AND WE THINK ITS QPR FURLONG AND GALLEN?
luckygazza

Postby luckygazza » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:51 pm

ive got one for you who played for both manchester teams and both merseyside teams
luckygazza

Postby ive known you 4 too long » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:58 pm

were on the up at last, im not making wild promises of play-offs or promotion but it seems that warnocks managed to get our lot in the right frame of mind of not losing silly games,

so cmon palace lets have a barnstorming finale to the season and give it a good go.!! eeeeaagleeeessss!!!!
ive known you 4 too long

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion