Hello from Cumbria

Forum announcements, info and help, members' gallery, ideas etc

Hello from Cumbria

Postby Aylett 67 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:57 pm

Good evening, people, decided to join the site as I've always been quite a fan since the Human League became popular when I was 13. However, I wouldn't say I was an expert on the band, but would like to learn more about Sheffield's best band and also finally get to see them playing live( being in Whitehaven, this often means a trip to Newcastle to see anyone big). Also I did live in Sheffield for two years and so have another reason to like the League as this was the eighties and after Def Leppard, the band were the city's biggest export.
So how come I got into the Human League as where I lived being a mod, a skinhead or a rocker were the most popular choices in the early eighties? Because they were doing something different to Paul Weller wanting to rehash the sixties and the synthesiser sound was something new and eighties. Also fancying Suzanne and Joanne might have had something to do with it as well. Ever since, apart from a brief heavy metal phase in the mid eighties, I've liked them.
Finally from what I've read about them and what friends from Sheffield tell me, there's nothing remote and rock and roll about the League. A band who are happy to live in their hometown, mingle with the general public and are totally down to earth probably explains their enduring popularity. This is why I'm proud to be a fan and pleased to join this forum.
Aylett 67

Re: Hello from Cumbria

Postby JJ » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:23 am

...and also why you're very welcome here. :)
Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Postby Aylett 67 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:05 pm

JJ wrote:...and also why you're very welcome here. :)

Oh thankyou.
Aylett 67

Postby SubHuman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:24 am

Aye welcome aboard, but don't get too excited as many of our friends are in hibernation at the moment and also there ain't much news coming out about the band either. Expect things to pick up in the spring when, traditionally, we start to hear about summer festival gigs for the League. :cool:
SubHuman

Postby Aylett 67 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:04 pm

SubHuman wrote:Aye welcome aboard, but don't get too excited as many of our friends are in hibernation at the moment and also there ain't much news coming out about the band either. Expect things to pick up in the spring when, traditionally, we start to hear about summer festival gigs for the League. :cool:

Probably just as well the League aren't touring in the South now as I saw the news and it's chaotic.
Aylett 67

Hello from Cumbria

Postby JeremySat » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:52 am

hello from the land of mormons, im looking to get back into recreational film making. Love the website already, excited to put this to good use.
JeremySat

Return to Forum / Members Area