New Order live

Discuss events that might interest other members

New Order live

Postby Panzermensch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:02 am

I want so bad to see them live again! Just check out these proclips of their recent tour of South America;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewvvz72zPT0&feature=g-all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28mfS3-2bE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV175DfCUDQ

You lucky buggers down under will be able to see them as they will headline the Future Music festival in march, but I'm hoping for something a wee bit closer to Denmark.
www.the-black-hit-of-space.dk - now with a NEWS section!
Panzermensch

Postby JJ » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:43 pm

One of the most disappointing bands I ever saw live (saw them - and the much better Talk Talk - support DM at Valby, Copenhagen in 1986).
Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Postby Panzermensch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:20 pm

JJ wrote:One of the most disappointing bands I ever saw live (saw them - and the much better Talk Talk - support DM at Valby, Copenhagen in 1986).

I was there too mate ;) But they've gotten better!
Panzermensch

Postby Panzermensch » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:45 pm

YES! Just secured tickets for both nights of New Order at the Brixton in London in early may :) Haven't seen these guys live in 25 years, so you can imagine my excitement!
Panzermensch

Postby basildon bond » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:59 pm

An extremely over rated band IMHO, who have been dining out on Blue Monday ever since 1983 ! Thieves Like Us being the one possible exception. If this wasn't for the Joy Division legacy, they would have sunk without trace decades ago.

No controversy here, then !
basildon bond

Postby Panzermensch » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:14 pm

basildon bond wrote:An extremely over rated band IMHO, who have been dining out on Blue Monday ever since 1983 ! Thieves Like Us being the one possible exception. If this wasn't for the Joy Division legacy, they would have sunk without trace decades ago.

No controversy here, then !

I guess you haven't heard Technique then? ;)
Panzermensch

Postby r3d3 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Seen them live a few times over the years.....fukin love the shambolic nature of their live gigs.

Got tickets for the Manchester date in April a few weeks after the Re-Order gig at the HMV Ritz ..... New order over dose.... waht a way to go :-D
t h e way i t was i n the p a s t
r3d3

Postby Tycho » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 am

Seeing them in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane in a couple of weeks...would prefer Hooky on bass though!
Tycho

Postby Panzermensch » Sat May 05, 2012 10:11 am

Just get back from watching New Orders 2 nights at the Brixton Academy in London and they were friggin' awesome! First time in 25 years I've experienced them live and I had a blast. As usual with New Order it all seems a bit chaotic, but they really tore the place down. I liked the way they had divide the set as they rocked in the first half of the show, went for the dancing shoes in the second half and ended with a couple of JD songs as encore. The new version of True Faith is absolutely wild, just off the charts. And the crowd went balistic. Another highlight was 586, I've only really disocvered this track after they reformed last year. Bernard Sumner was in great form and shared a lot of banter with the crowd. Oh, and they swapped Round & Round + Krafty from the 1st nights setlist to Here To Stay and Waiting For the Sirens Call on the 2nd night, excellent! And I didn't miss Peter Hook for one second!
Panzermensch

Postby basildon bond » Sun May 06, 2012 7:11 pm

Niels - the sound at Brixton has been almost without exception slated by most who attended - what did you make of it ?
basildon bond

Postby Panzermensch » Mon May 07, 2012 9:26 am

I didn't really have any problems with the sound. First nigth I was at the upper level seats with an OK sound. 2nd night I was down the front and had great sound there.
Panzermensch

Postby jipsi01 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:19 pm

With gigs and club???? i really enjoy its sound music, lyrics and its performance . i just want to know its upcoming new live show around the world.

*spam link removed by moderator*
Last edited by JJ on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Dull spam link removed.*
jipsi01

Postby Panzermensch » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:18 pm

Found this proclip of their concert in Berlin. 45 minutes of awesomeness! Just check out the mindblowing version of True Faith as the opener of the clip!

http://www.electronicbeats.net/videopost/new-order-live-in-berlin/

-- edited your post with correct link / a kind moderator --
Panzermensch

Re: New Order live

Postby decophile » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:44 pm

I get to see New Order tonight - first time! :D
decophile

Postby decophile » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Disappointing. :/
decophile

Postby Panzermensch » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:05 pm

decophile wrote:Disappointing. :/

Really? I love the chaos of a NO concert, sp what was wrong with the gig?
Panzermensch

Postby decophile » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:44 pm

My taste is probably too idiosyncratic, but: lackluster front man, narcoleptic opener, too many guitars, boring attire. I could add that the singer doesn't have the greatest voice, but that could have been overcome by those other elements. For people not bothered by all that, I'm sure it was a great show.
decophile

Postby Panzermensch » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:51 pm

Well, that sounds like a classic NO gig :p They ususally start off with the guitar tracks and fire up the machines half way through the set, didn't that happen this time?
Panzermensch

Postby decophile » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:14 pm

Yes, that is how it seemed to go! They sounded great...for those who don't mind guitars or boring visuals. I found myself actually watching the video backdrop - something I don't do much of at a THL show. (I was 3rd row center, standing, FWIW.)

Best part of show for me was wearing my Culture Club concert tee, which turned out to be a great conversation starter! Several people commented on it. :)
Last edited by decophile on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
decophile

Postby decophile » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Made me appreciate OMD (saw them 2 weeks ago) all the more. Andy McCluskey is a great front man - and that's without the spectacular threads a la Phil O, Martin Fry. He really brings it.
decophile

Postby zilvisual » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:31 am

fantastic , I love new order .. your silent face ..simply superb ENJOY the gigs and dance your hearts out..

I will be on stage myself soon !! after years of nerves and being a chicken I thought why not , just do it .
my songs no but JD love will tear us apart Kreftwerk Model NO Blue Monday finish with Electric dreams.. 4 songs for a end of year spectacular charity evening a few days before New years eve.
zilvisual

Postby JJ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:05 am

zilvisual wrote:fantastic , I love new order .. your silent face ..simply superb ENJOY the gigs and dance your hearts out..

I will be on stage myself soon !! after years of nerves and being a chicken I thought why not , just do it .
my songs no but JD love will tear us apart Kreftwerk Model NO Blue Monday finish with Electric dreams.. 4 songs for a end of year spectacular charity evening a few days before New years eve.

Hey Owen, I really wish you the best of luck with that. It's the one thing I really regret never doing, a live gig, and I had the chance too back in the late 80s. I'm jealous! :cool:
Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Postby Tycho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:02 am

At last count I've done just over 100 live gigs - beware, they can be addictive. Break a leg!
Tycho

Return to Gigs and clubs