Simple Minds - 'Greatest Hits Forest Tour'

Discuss events that might interest other members

Simple Minds - 'Greatest Hits Forest Tour'

Postby sarah t » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:26 pm

sarah t

Postby Simplemind » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:49 pm

I would more than agree, new gold dream still one of the best albums i own, it was the first ever cd i bought as the cassette version i had was chewed by a rather nasty vauxhall cavalier car tape player!
erasure and simple minds same weekend can't wait lets hope for a good summer weather wise :)
Simplemind

Postby basildon bond » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:19 pm

But you'll need deep pockets....

I'm going to Bedgebury, to see Simple Minds on the friday and Erasure on the saturday. Never having seen the 'Minds before, I'm quite looking forward to, especially if they play their 'older' stuff. NGD is a brilliant album.

Hoping I might win the Lottery to pay for the tickets though.
basildon bond

Postby MTBLeague » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Loved I-Travel 12" and quite a few others, no Forests/Gigs up my way, could have combined both, that would have been intresting, Jump to 4.05 for the track on this..

http://www.youtube.com/user/MTBLeague#p/u/10/9jqvZXFyytk
The path of Least resistance....is easier if things are connected!
MTBLeague

Postby Panzermensch » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:38 am

I went to their 5x5 tour yesterday in Arhus (Denmark) and I have to say they rocked the place. I feared it would be half empty even if the venue only holds 850 people as the ticket price of 50 euro was a bit expensive. But it was almost sold out and since I've only ever seen Simple Minds on a big stage it was excellent to watch them up close. I'm not a big fan, in fact I don't even own a Simple Minds record, so I only knew roughly 10 of the 25 songs they played. But that didn't matter as they were rather awesome. It was a bit of an uneven setlist with some odd songs thrown in, but stuff like I Travel, Love Song, New Gold Dream, Someone Somewhere Summertime and a couple more I forgot the title off simply sounded fantastic! When they pull together, they can create quite a footstomping groove, and there was some really excellent 80's styled new romantic bass play last night. If they come near you, go!
www.the-black-hit-of-space.dk - now with a NEWS section!
Panzermensch

Postby Tycho » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:29 am

Sounds great - seeing them here in December with Devo and The Church (!). I bought that 5x5 boxset, not bad (and no I'm not particularly a fan, just a casual observer).
Tycho

Return to Gigs and clubs