Top Telly

Use this area for general discussion of all things non-music related, including TV, film, news, sport etc

Re: Top Telly

Postby sarah t » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:38 pm

SubHuman wrote:Have to say I have no recollection of AIRWOLF, what channel was it on?

ITV during the mid 80s... plenty on YouTube to help you get up to speed about what it is about! ;)
sarah t

Postby SubHuman » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Just got copies of The Stone Tape and GhostWatch on DVD from Amazon. These two classic fictional ghost stories haven't been show on terrestrial TV for sometime. I saw The Stone Tape when it was first shown (in 1972 I think) for the first time, very scary, Sandra had me check under the bed after watching it before we went to sleep that night. I've never seen GhostWatch in it's entirety but I've seen clips as part of other programmes about ghost hunting.
SubHuman

Postby sarah t » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 pm

Finally something that really put a smile on my face... I am looking forward to the 25th season of 'Top Gear', back on BBC2 from Sunday 25th February!!! About blooming time! =D =D
sarah t

Postby SubHuman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:04 am

I haven't watched Top Gear for sometime, Clarkson and his ridiculously macho antics rather put me off what used to be a very good general programme about motoring. Has this programme improved now that Clarkson and his merry men have gone? :rolleyes:
SubHuman

Postby sarah t » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:40 am

SubHuman wrote:I haven't watched Top Gear for sometime, Clarkson and his ridiculously macho antics rather put me off what used to be a very good general programme about motoring. Has this programme improved now that Clarkson and his merry men have gone? :rolleyes:

Absolutely! IMO Matt LeBlanc's sardonic humour is for me the main appeal but let's not for get other series regulars Chris Harris and Rory Reid plus occasional contributors Sabine Schmitz and Eddie Jordan all of whom just make it so much better than the 'infamous' Clarkson, Hammond and May. 'Top Gear' is so much better now that those three have cleared off to the obscure 'Grand Tour' rubbish. =D
sarah t

Previous

Return to General discussion