Doctor Who

Use this area for general discussion of all things non-music related, including TV, film, news, sport etc

Re: Doctor Who

Postby sarah t » Tue May 16, 2017 10:27 am

Anyone giving the current series a go?

Seems pretty good entertainment. I really enjoyed the frozen Thames one and last weeks one set in an old spooky house although the disintegration of the 'housemates' was like you'd find in the 1999 Mummy film.
sarah t

Postby SubHuman » Tue May 16, 2017 12:43 pm

sarah t wrote:Anyone giving the current series a go?

Seems pretty good entertainment. I really enjoyed the frozen Thames one and last weeks one set in an old spooky house although the disintegration of the 'housemates' was like you'd find in the 1999 Mummy film.

I've been recording this series but I haven't got around to watching any of it yet, sounds good.
SubHuman

Postby SubHuman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:08 am

I've watched the first two episodes of the current series, found them very enjoyable, much better than I had expected. Peter Capaldi seems to have settled well into playing the Doctor and now he's leaving! :rolleyes:
SubHuman

Postby DJ Ian Aitch » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:49 am

So a female Doctor then!
I've been disappointed by friends opposed to this idea. Probably a similar reaction to some HL fans in late 1980 when Joanne and Susan joined the band.
DJ Ian Aitch

Postby crowbaby » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:47 pm

For those who can't cope. BooHoo :p
https://www.facebook.com/thefeedsbsviceland/videos/483297482003963/
On another note...I don't "get" Dr Who...I've tried. But maybe I'll try harder for the next series!
crowbaby

Postby cs15 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 pm

I'm with you Crowbaby. I just don't get Doctor Who at all. I want to like it. I liked it as a kid but have only dipped in and out of it since it came back some years ago. Maybe the new Doctor will be given better story lines.
cs15

Postby sarah t » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:18 am

DJ Ian Aitch wrote:So a female Doctor then!
I've been disappointed by friends opposed to this idea. Probably a similar reaction to some HL fans in late 1980 when Joanne and Susan joined the band.

Hear that sound... .... ... That is Sydney (Newman), Verity (Lambert) and William (Hartnell) turning in the grave at this news!!! :O IMO it just hasn't been the same since David Tennant left coupled with a slide in ratings and bad scheduling. I never really have got to like (Peter) Capaldi, can't stand the most recent companions Bill and Nardo, the formers fate in the penultimate episode when turned into a Mondas Cyberman would have had more of an impact if I really cared. I struggled through the twelve episodes watching it on BBCiPlayer, feeling it a bit of a chore, but it just couldn't really keep my attention and I found it quite easy to be doing other things whilst watching.

I'll now be entirely focusing on the marvellous Doctor Who (and other series) titles coming out of Big Finish, far better than the now somewhat stale BBC series!!! =(
sarah t

Postby SubHuman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:42 pm

I've only watched the first two episodes of the latest series so far but I thought that they weren't bad, but then my expectations were low.

I would have been more impressed with the first female Doctor Who if she hadn't been young, pretty and blonde, BBC's stereo typical woman.
SubHuman

Postby JJ » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:11 am

SubHuman wrote:young, pretty and blonde.

Hmmmm... Did I ever tell you about when I....

...touched the real TARDIS? :) (and no, that's not a euphemism.)
Well who's that shouting? John, ex-Moderator - all he ever gives us is pain!
JJ

Postby SubHuman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:39 am

JJ wrote:
SubHuman wrote:young, pretty and blonde.

Hmmmm... Did I ever tell you about when I....

...touched the real TARDIS? :) (and no, that's not a euphemism.)

Are you sure? There are a number of facsimile TARDIS dotted about the country, there's one at Longleat for instance.
SubHuman

Postby JJ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:53 am

I'm 100% sure. My mate from school worked at the BBC. I went up there to meet him for lunch in the (in)famous BBC canteen, and then he took me down to the props warehouse for a look around. Now call me old fashioned, but I highly doubt the BBC would have a fake TARDIS in their props room.
JJ

Postby SubHuman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:40 am

Excellent JJ, was it larger inside than outside :lol: .
SubHuman

Postby JJ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:08 am

It was plastic. Very underwhelming.
JJ

Postby sarah t » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:04 pm

This made me smile and laugh quite a bit... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MFKJay2rWw

quite clever and I could probably bore you all by naming the stories that the variety of clips came from, suffice to say 'classic 63-89 series rules!!!' =D
sarah t

Previous

Return to General discussion